Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Shendrones Terraplane

Lambetts

Reaction score
Hey guys!!

First time here. Thanks in advance!

I have build a few quads now, maybe 3 so not totally noob haha. Still, we can always learn something new.

Really needing some guidance here with my newly build Terraplane.

Build;
Using 6s 1300mah

Tmotor F7 Mini Stack 45a ESC
Tmotor F60 Motors (2450kv)
Shendrones Terraplane Frame
CRSF Nano RX
DJI Vista VTX
HQ Shen Props 85mm

(this build was recommended, Turk etc, I thought the motors were to high for 6s but this is the best way this performs apparently.

So, all is generally well, no smoke, no really bad things haha. Flies ok.

Few things...

1. Alot of wobbling in feed. Getting quite a bit of jello just through goggles. Not ideal as I want this to be my commercial cinewoop. So smooth smooth smooth is what I need.

Flying ok, I know tuning is a big deal, still new to that. Tried a few little things and tried some of UAV Techs presets. Flies a little better but the wabbles are terrible.
However, this is my only quad the the DJI cam is mounted via a TPU mount....now I would thik that would be better and stabilise the cam, maybe thats whats causing the wobbles.

2. Battery Drain is pretty bad. Cine flying I might get 3 mins. No cam mounted. Motors heat up a little but can touch and hold easily for more than 5 secs. Maybe room for filtering alter but not sure. Have set both min and max in ESC to 48hz. This has increased the batt perf a little but not much.

3. Some really strange 'floating' if I do little dives. I'm still troubleshooting the anti grav and just turned that off but haven't flown yet.

So, all BF setting are pretty default (apart from trying some of UAV Techs presets.

Was really hyped to build this and not sure what I've done wrong haha. Dont know if this matter but I have ran the motor leads long, under the frame and up under the ECS to be a cleaner build. not sure if having them so close together causes freq issues or its just me looking for reasons. I can provide photos if needed.

Once again, thanks in advance everyone!! Look forward to you responses.

Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput