Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Shipping!!!

Keifie,
It would be best if you don't want problems or the real, documented potential for problems to not upgrade anything...it comes with everything already down loaded. If you need parts for the gt200 try BUDDYS RC. Columbus ohio.they have the birds in stock as well as motors.

Congratulations on a very good purchase

Keith

Reactions: Keifie
Keifie,
It would be best if you don't want problems or the real, documented potential for problems to not upgrade anything...it comes with everything already down loaded. If you need parts for the gt200 try BUDDYS RC. Columbus ohio.they have the birds in stock as well as motors.

Congratulations on a very good purchase

Keith
Thats good to know Keith. Hopefully I'll be able to add the receiver, bind, and fly. Diatone did tell me that they test each one before letting it go. I think I may have to adjust my max throttle input a bit at first. Lol

I thought that at first to ...but believe me when your in the bird(fpv) your hands and fingers will know what speed is good and your fingers will comply.

Keith

Yea I've gotten ok using 3S with my zmr250. It has 2-3S motors but I have put a 4S on it and played around a bit. I know the GT2 is a totally different beast. I'm ready to feel more power. But I will of course be gentle until I get familiar with her.

Keifie,
I don't know about any other bird accept the gt series.
The gt is a beast however it is flyable and enjoyable. The guys on here suggested low and slow...that worked for about 1/2 of the first battery. And then i needed some speed.! If you have any problems with the bird these guys on here recommended the gt200 to me (Jerry) there are quite a few owners on here.
We/they will probably be able to solve whatever the problem is most of the time

Peace keith

i use to fly 3s instead of 4s, but have learned throttle control, dont waste your money on 3s paks unless you plan on joining 3s races. you have to learn throttle control anyway to fly low for races. buy the best, highest c rating batterys you can afford. i wasted money on batterys and learned the hard way. i have 20-50c paks i cant even fly now, lots of em. max your throttle end point out and learn throttle control, never know when ya may need that extra bit at the top of your throttle

Hey @VirtueViolater. I received the GT2 200 last week. The little time that I have had getting familiar with her has been nothing short of amazing. I haven't had the chance to do FPV flight yet, due to limited area ATM. But was able to fly LOS a few batts. Man it flies AWESOME. The rolls were so smooth and tight and the sound of the motors were like nothing Ive experienced. They sounded perfect. And the power of this thing is something that I can honestly say I was kinda nervous about before I even armed the motors for the first flight. But after it was in the air for the first time, it flew and felt so good at the same time, all that anxiety went away.
One of my concerns with Diatone is that they are out of stock on most all items. But they are really good at replying to questions through FB Messenger. I asked Diatone last night about parts availability and they replied this morning that they expect shipments next week for motors, ESC's, etc.
Hopefully I'll be able to do some FPV early tomorrow morning. I posted a question about my OSD showing 'NO DATA'. I was able to see in BF at the OSD page - "Your flight controller isn't responding to OSD commands. This probably means that it does not have an integrated BF OSD" What? I thought this F3 FC had OSD. I haven't had the time to look further into this yet but will later today. Any thoughts?

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Keifie,

Your GT2 has its own OSD on the Diatone SP3 VTX. First, turn off OSD in BetaFlight and it might just show up. Second, you will configure the OSD with a program called MWOSD. You'll need to download and install it. Your bird will have two USB ports, one for the FC (the one you used to connect to BF) and another for the VTX (OSD). It's on the other side of the bird on the lower board. You will need to connect to that one to configure MWOSD. Do not connect to both USB ports at the same time. Do not power the bird while configuring MWOSD, it's not necessary.

Jerry

Reactions: Mr J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV