Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Some info for Diatone Crusader GT2 200 owners

Jerry ,
No ...i think i am going to have to cut (or remove) the wires that are extra so the DIATONE wire configuration works.

That's my guess
Keith

Keith,

Did you do anything to the existing camera or wiring at all? Is it still installed in your bird?

Jerry

Keith

It shows that the Arrow V3 can take 5v. So it should be a direct replacement. I've looked everything over (I have an Arrow V3 and my bird in front of me). Here's what you do. Take the canopy off and remove your existing camera, take note to the way it plugs into the camera. The power (Red) wire will be to the outside of the camera, then the ground (Black), then the video (White). Take your new arrow V3 and plug your old plug in exactly the same way. I just checked and it will plug in without modification. Just be very careful when you plug it in the it goes into the first 3 pins on the Arrow (VCC, GND, VID). The existing connector will clear the 4th pin on the new camera (I physically checked it. Just use caution to make sure you get those first 3 pins. Once its plugged up and before you start putting everything back together verify that its working by setting up your goggles first and then put power to your bird. The video should come up pretty quickly in your goggles, if it doesn't, unplug it right away and let me know.

Jerry

Reactions: Speeder
Keith,

Also, never "cut" the wires off of a connector, they are removable. You will want to keep them for later use. Cutting them would also create potential risk for a short and won't look clean. I can explain how to remove them at a later time.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry
That is what i will do...bird is still together will replace camera in the morning

Keith

Hi Jerry,
WOW..!!!!!What a camera. Guys there is a huge difference between the stock hc1177 that comes with the gt200 and the new foxeer arrow v3 i just put in....I'm not kidding or boasting because i have it. This is just a fact. Now I have to find the preferred settings on YT

Keith

Reactions: VirtueViolater
That's great, Keith! Yeah, these newer cameras are much better. My Swift Mini's are pretty dang good too.

Jerry

Last edited:
Jerry ,
I like most of your posts...don't forget its my first forum...ever
Jerry : QUESTION: CAN I USE THE WIRE HARNESS FROM THE GT200 TO PUT MY Osd on a 5 inch lumenier monitor?
It seams to me that i only need a ground wire and a osd wire that feeds the monitor ,is that correct?

Reactions: Jtrjr
Keith,

I'm unclear on what you're trying to achieve. Do you want to use the monitor as a device to change the camera settings? If so, let me know and I'll explain how to do it. If not, give me more detail on what you're trying to do.

Jerry

What monitor do you have (make/model) and does it have an AV in connection? Did the monitor come with an AV cable?

Jerry

I just pulled my Arrow stuff out of the box and it has a different controller for the OSD menu. Normally, I adjust the camera with my monitor and a different controller and cable but I'm not certain how that's going to work with the new controller. Here's what I'd do if I were you. Get the controller from the Arrow box and connect it to the OSD connector on the back of the camera. Leave the camera connected to your bird. Power up your bird and change the VTX power to 25mw (make sure your antenna is attached). Turn on your monitor and tune it to your band and channel. The camera OSD should show up on the screen. Use the controller to navigate the menus.

Jerry

Ok guys ... boy I'm clueless on this one.. these are pictures of what i have got ...it would be great if you guys could use all this stuff and get my osd settings to appear on the monitor in photos. I have searched YT and there are tutorials but not this specific setup...

Keith

Attachments

• IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
More pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0861.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Keith,

You are missing the controller for the Arrow camera. It's in the black box below the camera. I don't think you're going to be able to view the camera OSD with that monitor and the Arrow controller. It doesn't appear that your monitor will do 5.8ghz, it will only use an RCA connection. Without going through a big hassle you're going to have to do it the way I described above using your goggles.

Wait, did you get a controller with your GT2, you should have. See if you have that, I know a way you can use that monitor. You will also need an RCA connector with two male ends.

Jerry

Loving the Crusader. Only issue I'm having is the camera mounting. Seems like I can't lock it down tight. Keeps moving. I'm using a Runcam Swift. Suggestions?

Try this...it works great
Use a 2x6mm screw and put it in from outside the frame of the camera...through the aluminum piece.IMG_0869.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax