Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Sorry if this is a stupid question that is can I use normal DC motor as drone motor?

laoadam

Reaction score
The question arose because of the expensive price of the drone motor.
Added: may I get recommend for 20 kg load lift drone motors of four?

Last edited:
There are small quads that do run small DC motors, and they work ok, but it isn't as simple as having a motor, if it is not purpose built and sized for the job then it likely would never be something that was really flyable. If you want to see what small DC motor quads can do you can look up Tiny Whoops with brushed DC motors. The bad side to DC is that the brushes wear out so they fail in a very short time, but brushless motors can go for quite a while before replacing the bearings, and then they can go some more, once brushed motors fail it isn't really feasible to rebuild them.

There are small quads that do run small DC motors, and they work ok, but it isn't as simple as having a motor, if it is not purpose built and sized for the job then it likely would never be something that was really flyable. If you want to see what small DC motor quads can do you can look up Tiny Whoops with brushed DC motors. The bad side to DC is that the brushes wear out so they fail in a very short time, but brushless motors can go for quite a while before replacing the bearings, and then they can go some more, once brushed motors fail it isn't really feasible to rebuild them.
Thanks,
I am try to build a load lift drone that may need a quite large thrust motor and which is very expensive. I'd like to use brushless motor, but in my opinion even the brushless motor be classified into two types currently : ordinary and special drone motor, am I right?

I have never heard of, or read about that type of classification for motors, but obviously there are, as I said, purpose built motors with specs and characteristics meant for drones as opposed to "ordinary" ones that might let's say pump water.

Reactions: Keifie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax