Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Spektrum dx6e transmitter won’t bind to wizard x220

Msteele260

Reaction score
went out and bought a new transmitter Spektrum DX6E and reciver AR610 for my wizard x220... I got the transmitter and reciver to bind together, but when I try to get the transmitter to respond with the drone, nothing works... I can’t seem to figure it out and I can’t find anything on google... Anyone help this new guy out?? Thanks!

I run FrSky so I don't know exactly but there is really 2 pieces to this...
1 is bind the RC to Rcvr which is done.
2 is tell the FC what protocol to expect from the Rcvr so it knows where and how to listen to it for control commands.

What is your Configuration tab, Receiver section set to on your FC?

I run FrSky so I don't know exactly but there is really 2 pieces to this...
1 is bind the RC to Rcvr which is done.
2 is tell the FC what protocol to expect from the Rcvr so it knows where and how to listen to it for control commands.

What is your Configuration tab, Receiver section set to on your FC?

Well I’ve tried pretty much all of them and, nothing is working...

Which X220 do you have, an Eachine Wizard? an Arris? there are a few "X220" quads out there.

How is your FC wired to your Rcvr? Did you plug in the cable that came with the X220 to the receiver or did you do some soldering?
How many wires are hooked up 3? (power, ground, and 1 signal wire?)

For instance on my wizard X220 it has an SPRacing F3 in it. It has 2 connectors and when I got it from the factory it was connected to the one for PPM and I needed to unplug from there and connect it to the other connector for sBus.

Maybe you can take a pic to see the wiring which may help me to help you.

It’s connected to PPM, But I have that cable that came with it plugged in but have the signal wire soldered into the Rx and the power and ground is still hooked up to the plug ... I’ll have to take a picture later if you need it, I’m not home right now and will be a while till I can

And I have the eachine wizard x220

I reread the title of this post, says its a wizard X220 so its the same one I have. If that connector is plugged to the one closest to the camera then it is for PPM, I think you want to connect it to the one closest to the back of the quad (signal wire will be on pin 3) and set up for "Serial" receiver and "Spectrum 1024 pr 2048". That should use the DSM2/DSMX.

Here is mine for comparison.
IMG_2287.jpg

The white wire is my signal, the yellow wire soldered to the UART (serial port) connector is the Smart Port which gives me telemetry back to my RC so I can see battery voltage and does not have anything to do with controlling the quad, white wire does the control. And of course red and black is power and ground.

The Red, Black, and white go to the receiver. The red and black are power OUT of the FC to power the receiver, but you must have that right or you wouldn't get power to Rcvr and be able to bind it.

Here’s a picture, propably won’t be responding right away, about to head into work... the only thing different about yours is your white wire it looks like... I can’t tell where it’s going, but my white wire is in the Rx in UART3

Attachments

• 91A4906C-7D04-4CA1-8FBA-9E9C30178FFD.jpeg
    91A4906C-7D04-4CA1-8FBA-9E9C30178FFD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
UART 3 RX is also available on pin 3 of IO_2 which is where I am connected, but it is the exact same thing and should work fine. The picture isn't great for me but it looks like you have the Rcvr side connected wrong near as I can tell. The first row labeled Bind/Data port is where it should be going I think, the picture makes it look like it is going to the Throttle or Aileron port. If it is on the Bind/Data port then Serial Receiver and Spektrum 1024 or 2048 should work.

Attached is the manual for our FC, in case you don't have it and want it.

Attachments

• SPRacingF3-Manual-latest.pdf
    984.3 KB · Views: 10
Just checked, the AR610 is DSMX so it can use "Serial based receiver" and "Spektrum 2048" it looks like.

Well i switched the plug on my Rx to BND and that didn’t work. And yes I have Serial Rx turned on for UART3.

So i just noticed when I go to the Recivers tab and have my Tx and my Drone powered up, the 3D model is spinning all over the place and all the end points go to 988... Idk if that info will help you.

What is your receiver set up for in the config tab?
If you turn off the RC does it make any changes to the endpoint values? Or do they stay below 1000?
how do you know the RC and RX are bound? With FrSky stuff there is an LED that starts red and turns green once bound, any such indication for you?

The serial base and spektrum 2048. When the drone and the Tx are both on the end points go to 988 and when I pull the battery off the drone the end points go to 1500. When I first got the Rx and Tx I would power up the Rx and it has an LED light that would flash, and now that I have it bound the LED is solid.

All sounds right, but...
Is there any change in endpoints if you leave the quad batt plugged in and turn off the RC?

Ok, looking into this I checked the AR610 manual, it does NOT say that the DX6e is compatible with the AR610. I wish someone who uses Spektrum had chimed in here by now. I am not sure what to think, did you try Spektrum support? They would know best how to set up the RC Rx and wireout to FC.

upload_2017-12-23_12-43-14.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olierko