Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Step child

the odd thing is why are they upset? DJI was clearly not targetting this drone to the existing fpv community... it was aimed at the much larger market, who might want to get into first person view ( not freestyle/racing)

but I think clearly, for some in the fpv community, its not just about the features/flight characteristics of the drone - these are just being used as proxies, to vent at DJI in general (for a number of reason)

youtube comments are filled with 'this flies like crap', 'its made of glass' ... all things which anyone that is considering buying the dji fpv has already heard in the reviews,
so this is not information, this is really just an excuse to pile on a bit.
this is not helped by some youtubers .. on both sides of the fence who are playing to the peanut gallery.... they know thier main audience is the fpv community, or the mavic community, and make content that plays thier audience.

I personally, just find it all a bit distasteful...
the drone is marketed at a particular market, let them enjoy it.. they have different needs, time, skills.

one thing is certain... be under no illusion, DJI is loving all the exposure, good or bad...

Ive noticed a trend of youtube doing 'traditional' fpv, tagging dji fpv, even with titles like NOT DJI FPV, to attract views, then perhaps disparaging the dji fpv.
DJI will be 'rubbing their hands' at this behaviour, as all this does is feed the algorythm with DJI FPV, marking it as important to google & co.
... these guys are making dji fpv synonymous with fpv drones .. not DJI ?
people dont understand you can be critical without being all butthurt these days. Everyone has to go straight negative when they dont understand the reasoning behind something. I catch it all the time when I "debate" with someone over something.. If I post anything remotely that disagrees with someone the first thing I hear is "why are you so mad bro". I dont have to hate you or be mad at you to disagree with you, but alot of people are so black and white with everything that they literally hate things that dont fall into their specific category. Politics is the worst, people say you didnt vote for their guy so they hate you and the guy.

Reactions: okw
i think some of it has to do with the typical FPV community doesn't think too keen on this quad. Having flown fpv for a while I can concur, this thing in acro flies pretty (Mod Removed Inappropriate Language)compared to my 5" quad. I love this drone, don't get me wrong, but its no performance quad by all means. She's a big girl and its pretty floaty as well because of the weight. My 5" is on rails and is very nimble in a panic situation where as this thing is pretty unresponsive in a panic situation. Needless to say, i wont be flying it very aggressive in close proximity until i've spent significant time on the stocks getting used to it. My proximity flying will remain fairly medium paced for a while..LOL
But now you are comparing it to a 5" racing/acrobatic? quad... I'm coming from a Mavic Air 2, and in comparison this guy is a screamer!! And I've not even tried manual yet, and it just might be a while before I do.. and that's just fine with me..

Again, world, it's the FPV. Not the racing drone. Not the cinema drone. Not the acrobatic drone.

There really is something to FPV without any of those pursuits. I'm one of those people, although getting and flying the FPV has sparked interest in acro.

The tinywhoop I got I haven't tried anything other than FPV flying, but that's what a tinywhoop is all about! Tiny FPV – through the back of the chair, etc.
THAT is correct! And those last three were not what I was looking for. I bought exactly what I was looking for.

But now you are comparing it to a 5" racing/acrobatic? quad... I'm coming from a Mavic Air 2, and in comparison this guy is a screamer!! And I've not even tried manual yet, and it just might be a while before I do.. and that's just fine with me..
im not 100% sure why everything i say is met with an argument so im going to just not post anymore in here. Ive done nothing but attempt to praise this quad for what it is and compare it (not in a negative way at all) to something else I am very familiar with and apparently by me doing that I might as well be comparing it to flying a chicken. So, with that being said have at it and im out.

Wowsers....
You said:
people dont understand you can be critical without being all butthurt these days. Everyone has to go straight negative when they dont understand the reasoning behind something. I catch it all the time when I "debate" with someone over something.. If I post anything remotely that disagrees with someone the first thing I hear is "why are you so mad bro". I dont have to hate you or be mad at you to disagree with you, but alot of people are so black and white with everything that they literally hate things that dont fall into their specific category. Politics is the worst, people say you didnt vote for their guy so they hate you and the guy.
This made perfect sense to me.

However, now you say:
im not 100% sure why everything i say is met with an argument so im going to just not post anymore in here. Ive done nothing but attempt to praise this quad for what it is and compare it (not in a negative way at all) to something else I am very familiar with and apparently by me doing that I might as well be comparing it to flying a chicken. So, with that being said have at it and im out.
You say this after no one argued with you. A.O simply said that he cannot compare it to the 5" that you alluded to because he comes from a strictly Mavic background.
I'm confused as to how these two posts could be written by the same person. Is this the "new normal" where everyone goes out of their way to be offended?

Reactions: A.O.
Yes. Obviously you don't live in the US, where our culture has rotted to the point where simply disagreeing with someone is offensive, and grounds for starting an internet campaign to destroy your life.

If I offended you with that statement, please accept my sincere apology, and complete agreement with whatever you think.

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
I have been flying FPV for about 5 years, the one thing I have learned about the community is that most are great people and very happy to have anyone join flying whatever they wish. There will always be those that somehow feel superior, and to them we generally say... Haters gonna hate and potatoes gonna potate! Ignore the potatoes!

Yes. Obviously you don't live in the US, where our culture has rotted to the point where simply disagreeing with someone is offensive, and grounds for starting an internet campaign to destroy your life.

If I offended you with that statement, please accept my sincere apology, and complete agreement with whatever you think.
Yes America has gone to Hades!

We won't be seeing @A.O. around for long...

Are recreational drones allowed at re-education camp?

?

And this Agent Orange has NO affiliation with the defoliant of years past!:cool:

I have been flying FPV for about 5 years, the one thing I have learned about the community is that most are great people and very happy to have anyone join flying whatever they wish. There will always be those that somehow feel superior, and to them we generally say... Haters gonna hate and potatoes gonna potate! Ignore the potatoes!
What if the potatoes are french fries? Cant ignore french fries!

• Haha
Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FAllfrey