Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Strange Twitch/Jolt?

Fiddlebog

Reaction score
I recently pushed my quad (wayyy) too hard and burned out one of the ESCs on my 4-in-1. At least I think that was the only issue. I got a new 4-in-1 and got it all wired up and got everything all configured. Had no issues with running the motors or anything when I spooled them up in Betaflight or BLHeliSuite. Then when I went to go test my failsafe (props off), and I armed the motors then happened to moved the quad around (at this time the motors were trying to right quad), the quad would jolt really sharply in the yaw axis every once in a while. I figured this was weird, but went to go test the quad in the field with the props on.

In the field:
first armed the thing and it kind of freaked out. Was acting completely differently from how it was with props-off on the bench. i.e.: motors twitching, spooling up, just acting kind of weird (with throttle all the way down, just after arming). After turning everything off and on a couple times and moving the quad around, it started up "no problem". I was able to take off. But then those strange jolts started happening again. Every once in a while, I would get a sharp jolt in the yaw axis that could sometimes throw me off as much as 30 degrees. Still technically flyable, but very strange. I ran that battery out with this issue happening at varying frequency. When I put in the next battery, the issue was apparently gone completely. I haven't flown another battery since (it got dark).

I'm not really sure if this is an issue, as it may have resolved itself. But I'm still very confused and curious. Anybody have any idea what's going on here?

Yaw twitches are usually (in my experience) caused by one of several things like: a short to your frame, too long motor screw hitting motor windings, blob of solder somewhere its not supposed to be, flight controller/motors not soft mounted etc.

Last edited:
Do you have your accelerometer turned on? If so did you cal it on a level surface in BF?
Virtue is probably right but figured it couldn't hurt to ask about the cal on the accelerometer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster