Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

The Avata successor

rktman

Reaction score
Okay, early results look like the Avata is a huge success šŸ‘ I understand some may disagree, but please let's debate that elsewhere. For the purposes of this thread, this assertion is assumed.

So, what additional features functionality would you like to see in the next iteration of DJI cinewhoop? Serious, truly useful things... "A 3-axis gimbal" would fail the serious test.

First, it will be called the "Vicious Raptor", and all DJI camera drones will be renamed to include "prey" in their name šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

OK, joking aside, I'd like to see rear and side obstacle sensing. Not obstacle avoidance, just sensing so we can have an indication in display when it's coming close to something out of view. This would be immensely helpful in small space flying, where you may need to back up or shift sideways.

Reactions: Barbara
More speed with the motion controller. Maybe a larger camera sensor to help with low light flying. Oh some lights on the legs would be nice also.

I would like something akin to Tripod mode. This would allow for precise and slower manuevering with extra stabilization in tight spaces. Also, it would be nice if you had yaw control when you engage the "Break" button.

Totaly agree Barbara, Tripod mode. And to top it off a zoom. Now I know the zoom thing will get "remarks" but it would be complete. Oh and shhhhhh the thing, it's so loud!

I would like something akin to Tripod mode. This would allow for precise and slower manuevering with extra stabilization in tight spaces. Also, it would be nice if you had yaw control when you engage the "Break" button.
Just press it again to "unpause", then you can look all around hovering in place as long as you don't pull the trigger.

Just press it again to "unpause", then you can look all around hovering in place as long as you don't pull the trigger.
True enough, though while hovering without the pause engaged you will get both pitch and yaw. Not an issue for most, but for me and my tremors it means a pan/yaw is less than smooth.

Yes I know, I want much...

I believe when you set the Mini3Pro to Cinelike it flies slower, smoother. I wonder if doing that with Avata would do the same. I haven't be able to fly for awhile to test this but it's the first thing I'm gonna try when I feel better.

Th Cinelike camera setting? No, doesn't change anything to flight. The Cine flight mode is something else that is not present on the Avata.

A few things I can think of after 3 weeks with the Avata:

- If they can make it a little quieter. The thing is loud but in an annoying high pitch way.

- The SD/USBC placement as others have mentioned could be in more accessible place

- It would be nice if you could transfer files to a phone/device/goggles wirelessly. Other DJI drones can do this but don't think the Avata can.....or I haven't found the way to do it yet.

- Who wouldn't want more flight time

- A **** charger in the box

Definitely would want at least 10-bit video with the option to record in 24fps. This could still come in a firmware update for the Avata but not guaranteed.

And easier access to the microSD card for people with sausage fingers like me (ie: anyone who wears a size 9 glove or larger).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CollatixWolfe