Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

The Gorge, River Coe, Glencoe - AVATA1 4K

AlbionDrones

Reaction score
Every once in a while we get an opportunity, to explore something new, to do something different, or to go somewhere new and untouched, for a drone flyer the River Coe Gorge in Glencoe is one of those places...

The river cascades down into Glencoe from high above, most people only see it on either side of the tight space of the mountain pass - apart that is from the popular 'Meeting of 3 waters' waterfall just off the A82 road, with its busy parking spot for visitors to stop, gawk and photograph themselves with the falls...

Yet, just beneath the car park the road passes through a tight gorge, with the river running to one side and below it. On a past trip to Glencoe, I spotted the river gorge and I thought to myself that it would be good to explore it by drone - but at that time I didn't have anything suitable or capable of getting in close, so I had to content myself with a higher level view, away from the obstacles and also from the beauty within the gorge itself.

This time we came prepared, with our AVATA and a fair bit of practice under my belt I was ready to explore the gorge - whether I would be successful, or even get the drone back was open for debate - to lose signal in such a tight space with trees above would perhaps have spelled disaster, but faint heart never won the day! So with heart in mouth and a well-prepared and positioned spotter - thanks hubby - I sent it out to try and capture the River Coe gorge from near the waterfall; to my amazement, the view was even more awesome than I could ever have anticipated and the footage perhaps some of my best yet captured...

The footage is all run at normal speed and frame rate - 60fps - apart from the trip back up the Gorge, which is run at 50% - and the main waterfall at 25% speed...

Anyhows, I hope you enjoy exploring the River Coe Gorge with me via our AVATA...

Reactions: Pygar70
Absolutely stunning. I am surprised you were able to keep the Avata 1 under control over the water and through the tight spaces, did you have to cover up the lower sensor to make it behave over the water?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Absolutely stunning. I am surprised you were able to keep the Avata 1 under control over the water and through the tight spaces, did you have to cover up the lower sensor to make it behave over the water?
Thanks... no covering up, and thankfully no misbehaving - although I had that earlier in the week in the Lake District...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmyg1968