Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tried to get into drones and hit a brick wall.

FollyFox

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get into fpv drones, for a while. I liked the idea of having a hobby to get out and about.

The issue I have is i bought a mostly done drone. It had everything it needed to fly (except props). I have an x9 lite controller. I bound the two. But I cannot get betaflight to register anything with that controller.
I have looked online and tried every article I could about settings, I doubled checked and made sure the items were soldered where they need to go. But I am at a loss. It's been days, looking for hints or issues. But I just need helps on what to look for. Even if it's a, search this forum, I am at a loss.

Build:
FC: Wolfwhoop F4 Pro Flight Controller with SD Card Slot FC Integrated OSD Include PPM and RSSI and Current Sensor
esc: Amazon.com: LHI 220-RX H210 H220 FPV Racing Quadcopter Frame Carbon Fiber +PDB XT60 Power Distribution Board 5V 12V Output Support 6 ESC: Toys & Games
transmitter is set to uart6.
Like i said, it binds to controller, but I just need to see what to check over, because i have failed.
attached is board diagram.

Attachments

• Omnibus-F4-V5-connection1.jpg
    Omnibus-F4-V5-connection1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 7
It sounds like your receiver may not have the correct firmware or you may not have the correct receiver type selected in Betaflight. I would try Betaflight first. Go to the configuration page and check that the receiver type is sbus.

It sounds like your receiver may not have the correct firmware or you may not have the correct receiver type selected in Betaflight. I would try Betaflight first. Go to the configuration page and check that the receiver type is sbus.
It is indeed sbus.
Thank you

So where exactly did you solder the SBus wire to on the FC, if it is truly bound to the TX then you have a solid green LED on the RX, and nothing else when the TX and RX are powered and ready?

Reactions: Wayno52
When it is powered and not connected to pc I have a single solid green light. When it is connecting to the pc I have a continuous blinking blue light (which I understand to be normal)

Sorry @FollyFox, maybe you didn't understand my questions, but that last post didn't answer any of them, so I don't know exactly where to start.

Your build list does not call out a "Receiver", do you know what receiver you have in this quad?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya