Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Two Motors Don't Arm

stefanpala

Reaction score
Hello.
After a serious crash with mostly 0 flight experience, I dived in simulators and whatnot.
Now that I love flying, I have bought esentially a new drone, except the frame, for a fresh start.
Trouble is, two of the motors wont arm. They initialize, but that's it. Both in Betaflight and without it.

The story begins with a Skystars KO45A 4in1 ESC and a Skystars F722 HD FC. After mounting the stack, the ESC shorted thru the frame cuts. Okay, that's on me. After the firework show I had on my bench, I had no idea what had happened, but I was glad the FC was intact. After sorting out the short site, I connected the FC to Betaflight and only 2 of the motors were spinning (with the shorted ESC).

Bought another KO45A and resoldered the motors, with the same FC. Turns out, still those 2 motors spin. BL_Heli configurator doesnt find ESC 1 and 2, and only M3 and M4 work as expected. The ESC firmware is 16.7, for the ones that work.

Could the initial short mess with the FC now that the same problem as before happens? I am genuinely amazed by what is happening haha.

I have attached the dump.

What do you think? I need some advice, please.

Attachments

• BTFL_cli_DUMP_20220314_182420.txt
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
Have you tried spinning the motors from the motors tab in Betaflight. A smoke stopper can prevent most of the magic smoke from escaping on the bench. If you swap the good and bad motors around is it still the same two? If you only see 2 motors in blheli it is probably an esc problem. Is there any physical damage you can see on the motor and if you turn it by hand is it consistent all the way around? Another possibility is it is in angle mode, calibrated incorrectly and just trying to level itself by giving power to only 2 motors, you can test this by tilting it in different directions and watching if the motors turn, do this with props off. If none of these yield results you probably have a damaged flight controller. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya