Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Vifly R220

Mr J

Reaction score
I am new to drones and so far just have been flying a toy class over the winter. I am getting ready to order one to start flying FPV. I am not real handy and don't have a ton of free time so I am only looking at Rtf's right now. The Vifly R220 looks like it could be a good starter drone. I saw that it comes with Cleanflight. Everything I have seen and read indicates that changing to Beta flight is an improvement for any quad. Has anyone that owns a R220 flashed it to Beta flight? Is there any reason it couldn't be changed to Beta flight? If anyone has done it, did you actually notice a performance upgrade? Thanks in advance for your help.

John,

I've been looking at your R220 for quite some time but only see a RTF version. I've got quite a few drones and prefer to use my FrSky Taranis. Do you guys sell ARF's or BNF's?

Jerry

John,
I was also considering flashing Beta flight
If you could help out with that it would be great!
Mark.

And Jerry,
If they do have a BNF or ARF you would LOVE this thing!!
It is a Tuff little Bugger!

Mark

Reactions: Jtrjr
That is Great! Thanks for your reply. I am definitely going to order one now. I will try flying it with Cleanflight first and flash to Betaflight later if I decide that is what I really want. I think your right, as a beginner it probably wouldn't be a difference to me since I do not know anything about tuning settings at this point anyway.

By the way, any plans to come out with additional colors anytime soon?

So far I love it!!
It is SUPER durable,very responsive.
The one thing I guess would be a problem(small) would be the screws holding the top and bottom plates to the main frame are 2.5m vs. 3m (industry standard) so make sure you order extra bolts to have extras. I have started to use the DAL 5040 tri blade cyclone props and it makes it really stable.

Mark.

How does this compare to Vortex 220 awmagad edition? For a total beginner? Part availability? Support? Ease of use and changing broken parts.

According to DHL tracking my new drone will be here today. Unfortunately it is snowing. As soon as I can get it in the air I will update this thread with my feedback.

I bought the batteries they have on the Vifly website. I ordered all 4s. I also ordered some Fat Shark Dominator V3's and TBS Triumph antenna's. I will start with just the antenna it comes with because I do not want to dremmal out the frame right away. The Fat Shark's came in 2 days ago and I have been practicing FPV on my Hubsan X4 107D and it is a different world. I have only flown it inside but it changes everything.

Doberman,

I didn't get much in accessories other than the GoPro mount. I'm planning on using the Turnigy Graphene 3S 1500mah 65c batteries. They're a bit spendy but I've had very good luck with the 1300mah ones on my other birds. I'm sticking with 3S for now. When I can fly like some of these other guys around here I'll switch to 4S.

Jerry

Amazon.com: Turnigy Graphene 1500mAh 3S 65C LiPo Pack w/ XT60: Toys & Games

EDIT!!!! THESE BATTERIES DO NOT FIT THE FRAME !!!!!

Last edited:
I am using all Turnigy Batts 4S 1300 mah
I picked them up from Hobby King
I have the Nanao tech $15.00 each
Graphene $20.00 each If you wait for sales!

Mark

Reactions: Jtrjr
I bought the batteries they have on the Vifly website. I ordered all 4s. I also ordered some Fat Shark Dominator V3's and TBS Triumph antenna's. I will start with just the antenna it comes with because I do not want to dremmal out the frame right away. The Fat Shark's came in 2 days ago and I have been practicing FPV on my Hubsan X4 107D and it is a different world. I have only flown it inside but it changes everything.
How do you like this drone so far? Is it good for a total noob like myself as a first drone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax