Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Walkera F210 ( a real bind )

You will get there . I'm in the same boat .

Anybody ever have their 210 just fall out of the air? I flew mine yesterday and it has this sounds like a miss and it just dropped out of the air. I have changed the flight controller thinking it was a bad gyro. But as soon as I put it all back together again and fired it up it flew fine for a few minutes and then I punched it hard throttle and then it started with the miss again. So I brought it back to me and just let it hover in front of me then it just dropped? I changed the battery and just let it hover the whole time and nothing. I'm stumped any ideas.

Hi Waylander,
Your post helped me as well. Couldn't work out how to bind to my Devo F7 transmitter. That little button is a big one they missed out of the instructions. How did you work it out, quite a process.....THANK YOU.
Regards
Brett

Perth, Western Australia

Reactions: Chriso
Hi Waylander,
Your post helped me as well. Couldn't work out how to bind to my Devo F7 transmitter. That little button is a big one they missed out of the instructions. How did you work it out, quite a process.....THANK YOU.
Regards
Brett

Perth, Western Australia
Hi Oakilydokely

Yea you would think that an integral component of the process like the little button would be hi-lighted, but alas...
What put me on track was the removable "Coffin" plate on the underside of the quad, it had holes for LED's and I wondered "what else did the not so apparent holes do", I Knew there had to be a "Bind" switch, so when I took off the coffin lid (sic) I saw it and by trial and error and clues from other posts worked it out.

Glad it helped you my friend, not bad from 8990 miles away... ah the power of the Web.. :)
Best Regards
Waylander

Hi alex
Sorry about the delay, here is how I managed to bind the Walkera F210 to another profile in the Devo7 RC, I think this will be the same for a new profile or for a new RC i.e Devo10

Here goes:-
1). With the battery disconnected, remove the 4 screws which hold the (boat shaped) access plate from the underside of the F210.
2). You will see towards the nose of the drone a small square circuit board ( the RX713 reciever) with 2 antenna cables attached to it.
3). From my picture you can see the "Clear" button that I point to with the pen, ( in other post this has the same function as the "Bind" plug )
4). With battery disconnected press and hold the "clear" button, and then connect the battery with the button still pressed.
5). You will see the Red LED to the left of the "Clear" button start to flash slowly,
6). After 5 seconds or so, with the battery still connected, release the "Clear" button, the Red LED will then start to flash quickly.
7). You can now release the "Clear" button, and disconnect the drone battery.
8). Turn on your RC and select the profile for the F210, ensure that "Fixed" binding is switched off, ( see other video links from my earlier posts ), then turn off the RC.
9). Have the F210 near you ready to connect the battery.
10). Turn on the RC and immediately (2 seconds or so) connect the battery to the F210, the binding process will begin and take around 10 seconds

That is what I did to bind a new and modified profile to my F210, hope this helps you, post me if you need more info
Happy Flying
Waylander

Hi There, Love your comment, very detailed.
I was wondering if you could help me out. Long story short I broke my Devo 7 that came with my Walkera F210. I was wondering if I bought a new one of Banggood, wilI this binding process would work; or do Walkera add any modifications to them (e.g. receivers) to allow them to work with there products?

Thanks,

Lachlan

Hi Lachlan
I dont think you will have a problem binding a new Devo 7 to your F210, because the same thing works in reverse, if you lost your quad, and you buy a new BNF F210, you would just bind it to youir old RX controller.
You might have to ensure any updates that may have been applied to a new RX controller are also applied to the F210, I would just apply the latest software to both the controller and the quad to be sure.
Check with Banggood that a new Devo 7 comes with a F210 profile already installed, ( they are quite technical and do understand these questions ), if it does not, you will have to scan the forums for one, or contact Walkera.
Then the binding proceedure should work OK, dont forget when you set up a new profile or change the flight parrameters the F210 does not react to them until you Bind the quad to the new profile.
Hope this helps
Waylander

Reactions: Lachlan Peknice
Also (last question, I promise)... Lets say I were to bind a different controller, obviously with the correct receiver installed on the f210, would all the preset 'dip switches' get muddled up (e.g. mix switch)??? Thanks again.

Also (last question, I promise)... Lets say I were to bind a different controller, obviously with the correct receiver installed on the f210, would all the preset 'dip switches' get muddled up (e.g. mix switch)??? Thanks again.
Hi
Not sure that I understand your question..?
Do you mean can you use a different RX controller, I'm not sure that you can, because I don't think that you can change the flight controller in the F210, it's not a separate device, I think it is built into the mother board, I'm not 100% sure maybe someone else knows more, try and contact Donnie he may know of another OP
Regards
waylander

Sorry let me clarify what I meant... Foe example, the 'mix' switch on the demo 7 controls your flight modes (eg. stabilised, horizon, acro).. Will linking a different controller to the f210 change all the switch positions and functions?

Thanks

Sorry still not sure what you mean.. are you asking if a different make of controller would have to have its switch functions mapped differently or are you asking if a new Devo 7 would have to have its switches re-mapped
Waylander

Hey Haylander!

Another problem, gosh it is tough...
Please view this 1min video of my motor arming failure, and maybe any suggestions on why it isn't working!? -

Thanks

Lachlan

Hey Haylander!

Please view this 1min video of my motor arming failure, and maybe any suggestions on why it isn't working!? -

Thanks

Lachlan

When mine wouldn't arm, it was because I hadn't calibrated the ESCs. If you have done that, remove the ARM switch for now and see if it arms with the default: throttle down, yaw right. If that arm switch (edit: the one you programmed) is working, it should light up the icon when the switch goes in the green. If the icon doesn't light up, it isn't going to arm after you unplug USB either.

Edit: sorry, I mean the icon should light up on the MODES tab, not receiver tab. Hit save on the modes tab before testing the ARM switch for icon response.

Last edited:
Hey Haylander!

Thanks

Lachlan

I watched your video again, and it does look like the ARM icon is lighting up. So with that switch on ARM, try the default ARM: throttle down, yaw right (hold this stick position for 1-2 seconds). It may require both now that you have set an ARM switch.

This is all assuming your ESCs have been calibrated. If you don't know if you have calibrated them, let me know I will tell you how.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lachlan Peknice
Would any one know why my devo7 transmitter will bind but won't unlock or lock my motors? This all happened when I installed a brand new replacement rx713. After messing with the fixID & clear button my devo7 TX. No longer wanted to bind w the new rx713. Out of fustartion I put the old rx713 back in to get a better ideal of the problem . That's when the issue of my Dev TX would bind with rx713 but will not respond to lock / unlock motor commands.

I have this exact issue! When I linked my taranis, and configured the switches as well as on cleanflight the f210 will not arm!!??? Did you manage to fix it??

I watched your video again, and it does look like the ARM icon is lighting up. So with that switch on ARM, try the default ARM: throttle down, yaw right (hold this stick position for 1-2 seconds). It may require both now that you have set an ARM switch.

This is all assuming your ESCs have been calibrated. If you don't know if you have calibrated them, let me know I will tell you how.

Thanks you, this is the most useful feedback I have received so far! The arm icon does light up sometimes, which is the weird thing...
Calibrating the ESC's!?!? I haven't done that! Might that make a difference? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks!

Thanks you, this is the most useful feedback I have received so far! The arm icon does light up sometimes, which is the weird thing...
Calibrating the ESC's!?!? I haven't done that! Might that make a difference? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks!

Hi,

1. For this, you must take the props off. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!

2. plug USB in with main battery disconnected, go to motors tab in cleanflight.

3. Link all motors (on motors tab)

4. Set all motors to 2000 throttle (last slider)

5. Plug in main battery (ESCs will do some beeps)

6. Set motors to 0 throttle.

7. Unplug battery

That should do it, good luck!

Also, I wouldn't worry about doing an ARM switch for now. The default for the flight controllers I have used is always: zero throttle, yaw right for 1-2 seconds. Disarm with zero throttle, yaw left.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas