Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Hi Green,
my onscreen display says it can...mabe i will turn telemetry on in beta flight and see what happens...what do you think?

Hey Jerry does this look familiar?

Man those props are loud!

Keith,

It won't work. The OSD in Betaflight is for Betaflight OSD's. The GT2 uses the MWOSD. You won't get any altitude or speed readings. They're in the OSD setup but won't function with most Race Drones. As green said, you need different instruments to enable those other settings.

Jerry

Yeah, I like the shrink tubing on the ESC's and particularly, the way they put the "V" in between the two antenna's with cut off piece of zip tie. I lost an antenna to a prop today, that probably would have prevented it. Looks good!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry it's exactly what you suggested 45 days ago...ILOVE IT. NOTE. SHRINK TUBE IS 1 1/4 inches wide...would not fit over motors so I slid a metal ruler into the piece and cut it down the middle if the flat surface....grabbed some super glue and put a thin line of glue near the cut edge.then wrapped it around the arm and squeezed it tight and then put the 2ends together. Heat gun and done...

Peace and progress
Keith

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Antenna instructions on YT. Whirly bloke channel crusader set up and betaflight... great video

Keith,

After all of my banging around with my GT2 the last few days I lost motor number one. After taking it apart and inspecting it I found that the signal wire was broken right by the frame. I'm not sure how it broke but those silicone wires are pretty frail. Make sure they're tucked away and that they don't have any strain on them. You can see the replacement I'm getting ready to install. It's the red wire going across the FC from the front of the FC to motor one. I couldn't find a white one of the same gauge so I have to use red.

Jerry

IMG_5324.JPG

Thanks Jerry
My wires are protected very well almost all the way to the fc

Keith

what i learned today.......... you cant fly with your wifi on when using your gopro...lol. crashed a couple times before i figured that one out. came home to "fix" quad and decided to try with wifi off and it worked in yard. gonna go back to spot in a bit to try again. its gonna take me a bit to get the hang of this camera i guess. im also gonna make mounts for it for two of my quads.

Keith,

After all of my banging around with my GT2 the last few days I lost motor number one. After taking it apart and inspecting it I found that the signal wire was broken right by the frame. I'm not sure how it broke but those silicone wires are pretty frail. Make sure they're tucked away and that they don't have any strain on them. You can see the replacement I'm getting ready to install. It's the red wire going across the FC from the front of the FC to motor one. I couldn't find a white one of the same gauge so I have to use red.

Jerry

View attachment 715
hi Jerry, is that the hglrc aio fc in the gt2?

Keith,

While working on my GT2 today I realized you are correct about the low tilt of the GoPro. I totally forgot that I changed mine. I took the canopy off and removed the two aluminum brackets on the front of the bird that hold the camera in place and the canopy bolts to. I then inserted two, about 1/4", brass standoffs and a nut between the bracket and the frame, thus raising the front of the bracket by almost 1/2". Obviously, I used longer bolts to secure the bracket to the frame. I also used the higher sideplates. I put a piece of Velcro around the standoffs to keep debris out. See pictures.

Jerry

IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5325.JPG

Virtue,

Good catch! Always make sure your camera WiFi is off! As a precaution, I also either leave my phone in the car or house when I'm flying or I manually turn the WiFi off.

Jerry

Well I got a flight in but had to get back home to do my domestic duties. I did realize I'm going to have to retune my quads with camera on. The extra weight is something else I've got to get use to. Tried to upload the video which isn't very long and it says that my file was too large anyone have any suggestions?

Virtue,

The added weight does make a significant difference. As far as video goes, I set my camera's to 1080p 30fps. That will help a bit. Are you trying to upload on this site? If so, that won't work. You need to upload to YT or a similar service and post the link here.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone