Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT RACE QUADS TODAY

Green,

I feel ya! I clipped the antenna on my GT2 as well as busting X-Ray. And what's up with these ****** battery and camera straps? I break more straps than anything. Sometimes just trying to cinch them down. I can't every find the right lengths and widths, it's a real PITA!

Anybody got a good source for straps?

Jerry

Got off track on my last post! Yeah, I have the back-up frame but I think I'm going to start from scratch. X-Ray is the one that took the swim. Looking it over really good after tearing it apart I'm seeing a lot of corrosion starting on just about all of the components.

Jerry

Virtue,

Yeah, I don't know if flying 7 different birds during the learning process was a great idea. They all have different flight characteristics. Minor differences in flight can have major repercussions!

I like the building part as well. When you really look over the pre-built birds you can definately see where they took shortcuts and did sloppy work.

The frustration for me is when you have great weather and a perfect flying day and something breaks. You either move on to a different bird or take the time to do the repair and lose the flying time.

Jerry

Virtue,

Yeah, I don't know if flying 7 different birds during the learning process was a great idea. They all have different flight characteristics. Minor differences in flight can have major repercussions!

I like the building part as well. When you really look over the pre-built birds you can definately see where they took shortcuts and did sloppy work.

The frustration for me is when you have great weather and a perfect flying day and something breaks. You either move on to a different bird or take the time to do the repair and lose the flying time.

Jerry
Yeah, I've found the components I like now by trial and error so, my builds have somewhat simular flight characteristics.
As far as straps breaking, I break the edges of my carbon fiber especially where straps go

Not really, just motor protectors on the bottom. I think the issue is the electrical noise from the motors but I will see what I can do to soft mount the motors. My FC and ESC are soft mounted.
was thinking..... i had the same issue a couple months back, ended up being a bad motor (bad NEW motor)

snuck in a couple paks, camera sure changes flight characteristics. Moved my hd camera closer to center of gravity

Reactions: Jtrjr
Sry about being the annoying person who always asks dumb questions, I am trying to learn as much as I can.

i have 2 miniquads (210mm) i built, a diatone crusader 130 i bought, and several micro brushed quads i built and bought (including tinywhoops) lots of motors, flight controllers, esc's and etc. Building a stretch x210 next and a 6" quad after.

EDIT: btw, i have 2 sets of 20a used esc's, couple sets of motors, fc's etc i'd sell in bulk for cheap if anyone is intrested.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007