Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Which battery holder?

Fro

Reaction score
Are you guys sticking the goggles battery in your pocket or are you mounting the battery to your strap?
Which holder do you recommend?

Reactions: JoostGT3
This is all new territory for me. I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos and I see Manny with batteries strapped to their heads. I’m not sure I want anymore weight up there.

I see people with the batteries in holders like that, mounted on the strap of the goggles. The advantages I see is that it might balance out the goggles a bit, and no more getting entangled with the cable when you take the goggles off. For now, I just lay the battery in my lap when flying, it's not like I'm wandering around when I fly. But I might see myself printing one of those holders in the near future.

So I used to just stick the battery in my pocket, but I got one of those "strap holders" and have been using it on the goggles strap, works good...but... that cord is like 2 miles long, wish I could find a short cord for it, maybe 8-10 inches long.

Talk to me about shortening that cable.. how many wires in there?

Yup, really easy, nothing special. They're cheating any nothing about it is actually USB-C other than the battery being able to charge from a USB-C supply.

recommend removing the right length and putting connectors on all 4 ends. I guarantee you'll kick yourself later if you don't!

recommend removing the right length and putting connectors on all 4 ends. I guarantee you'll kick yourself later if you don't!
And where would you get the end connectors? And if they are available I could just make my own custom cable..

And where would you get the end connectors? And if they are available I could just make my own custom cable..
He meant attaching whatever connectors you want inline to be able to link again the bit you removed.

Reactions: rktman
Apparently that USB-c cable won't work. The DJI FPV goggles uses a DJI proprietery cable and special jack (not a standard barrell plug)

Apparently that USB-c cable won't work. The DJI FPV goggles uses a DJI proprietery cable and special jack (not a standard barrell plug)
Dang, thanks.. glad I didn't order yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18