Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Which radio/camera to use with Flywoo Baby Quad?

guerlando

Reaction score
Hello guys! I created my first quad 10 years ago using MultiWii, and trying to return to this hobby now.

I'm thinking into buyign this Flywoo Baby Quad: 180.01US $ 45% OFF|47g Flywoo Firefly Baby Quad Analog 80mm 1.6 Inch F4 4S FPV Racing Drone RC Quadcopter PNP BNF w/ 1202.5 5500KV Motor 450mw VTX|RC Quadcopter| - AliExpress

On the description it says the PNP (the only available model) comes with transmitter but not receiver. What does this mean? Is it the camera transmitter or the controler transmitter?

I'm thinking into buying this transmitter

will it work with this quad? I'm in doubt because I don't know if this quad comes with a receiver or not. Also, is this controller that I chose modular? In a way that I can swap for other transmitter modules?

Also, what about the camera output? Which stuff should I buy for really long range?

It means there is a video transmitter but no RC receiver.

Which stuff should I buy for really long range?
You're not going to do long range with that, it'll fly for 3-4 minutes at most close to you.

You're not going to do long range with that, it'll fly for 3-4 minutes at most close to you.
Thanks. In fact I want to buy one transmitter for usage with all my quads in the future, but that also works in this one.

Also I've seen 2 people on youtube saying 8+ minutes. Perhaps I picked the wrong model? It was like this one

looks like this one: 128.18US $ 44% OFF|Ultralight Flywoo Firefly 1S Na no Baby Quad 20g 40mm FPV Drone BNF w/ 250mW VTX GOKU Versatile F4 5In1 1S AIO Flight Controller| | - AliExpress says 8+ minutes. I don't know the difference from the other one I linked. Perhaps the other one is more aggressive and thus lasts less?

The first one you linked is much larger. Nearly 3 times the size of the second one. It's still a small drone. It uses a small 4s battery and is designed to carry a small 4k action camera (not included).

The second one is tiny. It's a cute little drone, but if you are wanting to fly outside...I think you are going to have trouble with even the slightest breeze. It takes a 1s battery and there is no way it will carry an action camera.

The first one you linked is much larger. Nearly 3 times the size of the second one. It's still a small drone. It uses a small 4s battery and is designed to carry a small 4k action camera (not included).

The second one is tiny. It's a cute little drone, but if you are wanting to fly outside...I think you are going to have trouble with even the slightest breeze. It takes a 1s battery and there is no way it will carry an action camera.
I think a good one for me would actually be the bigger one, but its flight time is a too bad. Is it the time with camera?

I want something a little more resistant to wind but that lasts 8 min. Do you know some alternatives? All the ones I find on aliexpress does not show flight time or other useful information.

8 minutes is asking alot. I have a Mobula6 that I like. It's half again bigger than the little one you linked to. It won't handle wind but I can fly it outside on calm days. 4 minutes is about max and that is pretty normal for these little 1s quads. There is also a Mobula7 that is a little bigger and 2s..but is really still an indoor machine and you'll still be looking at 3.5 to 4 minutes.

If you really want to fly outside, I think you should be looking at 3" or 4". If you want long flight times, don't plan to carry and action camera. A Crux3 or Crux35 are fairly popular. I understand they are good for 5 or 6 minute flights. These are toothpicks so they aren't extremely durable.

The Wizard X220 is a 5". Much more durable. It has some "old" technology parts in it (like a F3 flight controller) but there are quite a few people who learned to fly on it and it should get you at least close to 8 minutes flight time. The iFlight Nazgul 5 is similiar.

The Flywoo explorer LR 4" has some long flight times. I've been thinking about getting one. Again, probably not super durably but it is a cruiser.

If you want 8 minutes with a 4K camera you're looking at something much larger and likely a custom build as these times are hard to get to and you won't find much in RTF land... the DJI FPV would do though.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax