Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Will Caddx Vista Nano unit work " stand alone"??

Sparky Drone

Reaction score
Good morning from the Netherlands.

I would like to make my Mini 2 FPV with Goggles. Or my Air 2.
I want to use them on URBEX etc and want to see where exactly i am flying.
Nice to see where you go or if it will fit through. Great for some recon before we go in also.

I have the DJI FPV and goggles. And have become addicted to the view through the goggles.
I will fly with the DJI controller from the model. Use the phone and record.
Just want to attatch Vista unit and cam on ( top of) the drone.
Connect to voltage positive And negative ( from points inside mini or air) . Bind to goggles.

Will this work?

Thanks.

You might need to buffer the input, though Vista is supposed to accept up to 6S, should work but I'd cautious of voltage spikes etc without some sort of regulator. I've been looking to do my Inspire 1 with a Vista unit, but I think I might have to many drones and its time to downsize very possibly Inspire will go bye bye

You might need to buffer the input, though Vista is supposed to accept up to 6S, should work but I'd cautious of voltage spikes etc without some sort of regulator. I've been looking to do my Inspire 1 with a Vista unit, but I think I might have to many drones and its time to downsize very possibly Inspire will go bye bye
So if i can power it from a (stable) power source is will work on its own. No connection to a FC needed.

Yes, BEC or other to regulate voltage and if you need it, use a separate battery just to power vista.
Just think of it like attaching an independent VTX and camera with it's own power source double stick taped the the top of anything (RC car, dog, ect)
Trying to connect to the aircraft for power will be complicated and may jeopardize that system. You just want an independent system taped on top.
Search on YouTube and you'll see lots of FPV pilots who use one of their camera set ups attached to a model aircraft or car.

There could be interference issues with the caddx and the drone's transmitter literally glued to each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax