Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Will the DJI FPV goggles focus for someone who wears glasses?

Fro

Reaction score
Hello. I’m a 50+ year old who now wears glasses with progressive lenses. I have a slight adjustment for distance and +250 for reading.
Do the DJI FOV googles have any adjustments so I can use them?
Or, would I need a pair of glasses without the progressive reader area on the bottom?
Or, would I need to wear a pair of +250 readers with them?
I saw a website selling lenses that snap in but they ask for prescription numbers for the distance part of my glasses.

Googles have no dioptric corrections, but DJI sells corrective inserts but with rounded diopters (1,2,3...) and no other corrections. I 3D printed some inserts and have my optition mounted my prescription glasses on them - so now I see perfect (more or less ;) )

I saw a website selling lenses that snap in but they ask for prescription numbers for the distance part of my glasses.
Depending on the size of your lenses/frames, you might be able to wear your glasses.

And if you use the DJI FPV Goggles Sponge Foam Padding (also available here on Amazon), it'll add a bit more space between the goggles and your glasses. With the stock rubber padding, the front of my glasses touch the lenses on the goggles.

I am 65 and though my far distance was corrected with basic long ago it has deteriorated, however I don't "need " glasses for far sight, however my near sight is not that good. Surprisingly the DJI FPV goggles do not require me to use glasses I see very well without using glasses, I don't know what it is about the screens but from the V1s I've never felt uncomfortable or needed correction. The original foam allows the use of glasses because of it's shortcomings, it leaves plenty of space to use glasses but by the same token also leaks plenty of light, the sponge foam solves this issue almost perfectly but will put pressure on the arms (can I call them that , can't think of a proper name) of the glasses and they don't feel so good, I tried to see if they would help me see clearer but at least my glasses made it cumbersome and I didn't bother. Also weirdly, the diopters offered by DJI are not cut for astigmatism but for myopia which is far sightedness is it not? I would think they would be correction for astigmatism, now funny enough, the previous versions of DJI goggles do offer lenses for proper correction. There is a company in Germany that will custom cut lenses, however seems like they are not offering on their website for the current generation of goggles which surprises me because I was sure I had seen them, can't hurt to reach out to them rho-lens

Reactions: CrocMonster
Thank you. To be sure, those of you who can see distance fine but wear bifocals or readers to read. You can use these googles just fine?
I’m taking it it’s the distance vision your using with these and readers are not required.

Thank you. To be sure, those of you who can see distance fine but wear bifocals or readers to read. You can use these googles just fine?
I’m taking it it’s the distance vision your using with these and readers are not required.
that's how it's working for me anyway

59, 6.5 diopters of near sightedness, 4 diopters of astigmatism, progressive lenses for presbyopia. I have absolutely no problems at all seen everything clear and beautifully in the goggles V2 with my glasses.

I wear progressive lenses and they work just fine for me with the Goggles. I was prepared to order a single-focus set of glasses just for using the Goggles, but haven't found that to be necessary at all. They do have a separate adjustment slider for each eye which changes/moves the focus - this seems to be especially useful with my progressives. Enjoy!

actually, the adjustment only adjusts intra-pupillary distance, not focus.

I remove my glasses found that worked best in tests. I added a pad around the goggles to move them away from my face about a 1/2 inch that helped.

I tested with all 3 pairs of glasses and found this layout was best for me.

I use a 1.5x ThinOptics reading glasses with my goggles. The ThinOptics glasses are tiny and sit on the bridge of your nose with no side supports needed. Works very well. I prefer 1.75x but they only come in 0.5x increments.

Link: ThinOptics Reading Glasses 1.5x

I tried my progressive glasses and still had best results wirh nothing once the distance to lens was pulled away about another .38 or 10mm

I wear progressive contacts so in my eyes and not glasses, but I see real well with the goggles.

Hey Fro, did you get your set up? Hows it working?
Great. I just made my order so I have a DJI FPV headed my way.

I tried my progressive glasses and still had best results wirh nothing once the distance to lens was pulled away about another .38 or 10mm
That's one way to do it, essentially a crude mechanical focus. I'd be concerned about greater fatigue issues with the increased torque on the bottom (I assume?) padded extension.

10mm is quite a gap.

And this isn't an option if you need to bring them closer ;)

I wear progressive contacts so in my eyes and not glasses, but I see real well with the goggles.

Hey Fro, did you get your set up? Hows it working?
It was just delivered. The battery is charging now so it’ll be a bit before I try it out.

Reactions: A.O.
It was just delivered. The battery is charging now so it’ll be a bit before I try it out.
Woot woot, enjoy!! And let us know what you think
Oh yeah, take it slow to start!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax