Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Acro Tips in Sims

I must say my 250 is pretty great, I'm having big issues with changing what's displayed on the osd but that's not the quad's fault, just me not knowing what to do lol so I definitely recommend one
i want the ability to carry a full size gopro and carry a lot larger capacity battery as well.. these 850mah packs are killing me with their 4 minute flights. Hell even the 1050 pack I run gets an extra 30 seconds..LOL

it is pretty nice, my favorite battery so far is the 1500mah 4s i get about 10 minutes of aggressive flight with the gopro. 1300 gets about 7 minutes same aggression. but just dinking around hovering and just cruising a low speed i can get about 15-18 minutes.... torc if we're taking over your post, let us know we can setup a new one lol. dont wanna be grimlins now ahahah

It's cool. The point of the post is to learn and that's what I'm doing. [emoji3]
it is pretty nice, my favorite battery so far is the 1500mah 4s i get about 10 minutes of aggressive flight with the gopro. 1300 gets about 7 minutes same aggression. but just dinking around hovering and just cruising a low speed i can get about 15-18 minutes.... torc if we're taking over your post, let us know we can setup a new one lol. dont wanna be grimlins now ahahah

It's cool. The point of the post is to learn and that's what I'm doing. [emoji3]
so I'm NOT being a troll? ;)

soo... acro tips in sims... Can you screen record and maybe post something you are trying? I am using liftoff simulator which I love, and one nice thing it does is multiplayer, however you can run an open lobby and actually spectate other people in the lobby to see how they are doing something or how they are flying so fast. Its a really cool tool if used a certain way. Its a shame we all dont run a similar sim and could do multiplayer. Then we could literally spectate and help one another figure out certain moves.

soo... acro tips in sims... Can you screen record and maybe post something you are trying? I am using liftoff simulator which I love, and one nice thing it does is multiplayer, however you can run an open lobby and actually spectate other people in the lobby to see how they are doing something or how they are flying so fast. Its a really cool tool if used a certain way. Its a shame we all dont run a similar sim and could do multiplayer. Then we could literally spectate and help one another figure out certain moves.
There is one that lists a multi player called RDS. I've tinkered with it at best.

And on Discord
im on discord also, but i just joined yesterday. i would be on the mulitplayer if my computer wasn't a piece of junk. even freerider will crash it. never really got around to getting a new one (spent everything on mortgage, car, xbox, and drones) lol

Might have to look into that. Tho it sucks to pour another $20 into a Sim.

Some people get pretty worked up online over little things but I can understand his fustration. I've grumbled to myself sometimes when someone posts a reply to a question with a negative. But I don't let it get to me.

I'll look into recording on the PC of my flight time and see how it does.

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
well those videos of yours were pretty cool. and yea i mean he DM me to get some help. I understand the frustration of something not working for me when it works perfectly well for everyone else. Like my OSD "on screen display" seems everyone has no issues changing theirs but i've had the hardest time. but imma just stop for a few days and revisit later. patience is paramount in this hobby.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
Thats my server on discord, it's new so no one is quite in it yet

I picked up velocidrone last night, even though I hated the demo. Was hoping to have a better experience with the full version after doing some setup on it. It sucks out of the box. Feels very gamey and floaty! Steele did a video a while back on his velocidrone setup (which is ultimately what drove the decision to buy it anyway) and he seems to think it's really close to his quad in real life. I'm gonna go through that tonight and get all my settings configured and see how it feels. Liftoff got a couple more updates and a new scenario! It's a golf course with a building you can fly through and obstacles and trees to flip over, I'm super stoked about it. It so far flies the most like my real quad honestly. I'll post back tomorrow after I tweak velocidrone.

On a side note, flew 3 packs yesterday, played around and changed my "tune" to the rates Chad setup for immersionrc for the 180. It's much much higher rates than I was used to, a little twitchy so I'm having to be aware of how smooth I'm flying. I also removed all expo out of my radio so I'm flying 1 to 1 with the tune in the quad. Flips are super snappy now and it feels less floaty, just gonna have to intentionally be slower and smoother on the sticks

Reactions: Keifie and Torc
The biggest challenge at this point it getting the ratio of yaw and roll down to make smooth turns and then keeping close to the ground when doing it. Wonder if there are videos showing the tx in one window and the drone in another to show how others work the sticks.

Washer took a dump last night, so that will put getting a physical drone on hold for a bit. So looks like Liftoff will be my purchase next week.

So is there any particular maneuvers you're working on that you need help with?

The biggest challenge at this point it getting the ratio of yaw and roll down to make smooth turns and then keeping close to the ground when doing it. Wonder if there are videos showing the tx in one window and the drone in another to show how others work the sticks.

Washer took a dump last night, so that will put getting a physical drone on hold for a bit. So looks like Liftoff will be my purchase next week.
There are plenty of trick tutorials with people using the sticks. I wish you could post something of your flying in the Sim, youay not be turning bad at all. It's subjective. But I think of the sticks as the feet of a hockey player. When you're turning both sticks move in unison like you would be planting your feet to dig in with your feet on skates. Does that make any sense or am I explaining that bad?

Reactions: Torc
Dang, unfortunate my friend :(. I'm sorry

Such is life. I have been tossing around the idea of getting the frame for that or the Kingkong Smart100 and transferring the innards over for the fun of it. Less than $10 and with the drop in weight it could make it something to buzz around with until finances improve.

Makes total sense.

There are plenty of trick tutorials with people using the sticks. I wish you could post something of your flying in the Sim, youay not be turning bad at all. It's subjective. But I think of the sticks as the feet of a hockey player. When you're turning both sticks move in unison like you would be planting your feet to dig in with your feet on skates. Does that make any sense or am I explaining that bad?

That's exactly it, you hear the pros talk about "skating" all the time lol

I get the physics of it, and I'm a comfortable flyer, I have issues with precision.. I believe I'm going to fly nothing but gates in the simulator for the next month. I want to get that down really bad. I believe that'll push me to the next level.

Reactions: Keifie and Torc
I can get through the gates pretty decently at low rates, high, not so well. I tent to end up higher than is needed for the gates.

I get the physics of it, and I'm a comfortable flyer, I have issues with precision.. I believe I'm going to fly nothing but gates in the simulator for the next month. I want to get that down really bad. I believe that'll push me to the next level.

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nailz