Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Adding mic

Keifie

Reaction score
I am wanting to install a microphone. I'm currently running the CL Racing F4S w/TBS Unify Pro HV. I have installed an in-line ceramic capacitor, but am still getting a "ticking" noise. Is anyone here using an external mic w/your set up? What can I do to get rid of that "ticking" noise?

It may be voltage spikes, do you have a low ESR capacitor installed?
I think most use the mics built into the fpv cams

Reactions: AdrianG001
It may be voltage spikes, do you have a low ESR capacitor installed?
I think most use the mics built into the fpv cams
It’s a 0.1uf capacitor. I haven’t found much info on running a separate mic. I’ve used a VTX that had one built on but lasted one pack. Never had a camera w/one.

You should try using low ESR Capacitors since they help you with a lot of benefits
  • Reduced video noise in your FPV feed
  • A reduction in noise that can corrupt motor, ESC and radio signals
  • Improved flight characteristics and performance, by “cleaning up” the noise in the power to the Gyro sensor
  • It might even save your electronics from being damage by voltage spikes caused by Active Braking (Damped Light)
Adrian Gates
Sr. Technology Engineer - Apps4Rent

You should try using low ESR Capacitors since they help you with a lot of benefits
  • Improved flight characteristics and performance, by “cleaning up” the noise in the power to the Gyro sensor
  • It might even save your electronics from being damage by voltage spikes caused by Active Braking (Damped Light)
Adrian Gates
i have a package of these capacitors coming but i think its on a slow boat.. i have a sad looking ESR on my 3" and need similar on the 5". 1520175544121865122426.jpg

i too am looking at external mics. cause my 2" cerb is running a runcam micro swift and there is no audio. 15201758472031148760602.jpg

Reactions: VirtueViolater
i have a package of these capacitors coming but i think its on a slow boat.. i have a sad looking ESR on my 3" and need similar on the 5". View attachment 1951

i too am looking at external mics. cause my 2" cerb is running a runcam micro swift and there is no audio. View attachment 1952
If i was you, i'd put a runcam split mini on it, then you'd have audio and great video to show off as well

hmmm, ill look at those virtue, thanks. I'm planing to put it back together today though. i need it flying for next weekend and still have to tune it. neither a mic (if located) or a new runcam should be hard to add later.

Reactions: Wayno52
Adrian Gates
I’m actually using them on all my builds. They absolutely help w/noise. I also installed an LR filter on one of my builds that had terrible noise w/the video feed. The filter cleaned it ALL up

Last edited:
Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.