Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Adding to my fleet...My birthday next week...

Green,

Got the XJB today. Spent most of the day trying to get it to bind to my Taranis. It has one of the FrSky Micro SBUS-PPM receivers on it but I can't get the **** thing to see my RC controls. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: theGreenOrange
Well fella's today was flying day! Got the fleet ready last night and this morning (went to bed from 4:00-8:30am). I wanted to put all the FPV racers in the air today. Flew everything but the JJPro T1 (need to get more props).

IMG_5093.JPG

Today was Acro day. I'm trying to make the move from Horizon to Acro. All went fairly well. The QAV-X only got off the ground for a few minutes. The VTX signal was horrible. It's a 200mw but I couldn't get out a hundred yards or so until I would lose signal in my FS's. I'm worndering if the GoPro is blocking the signal. Anyway, gotta fix it and I didn't want to wreck it or lose flying time screwing around with it so I moved on to the other birds. Also noticed it doesn't have a beeper which kind of pissed me off. This bird was my most expensive to date.

The good old Arris X-Speed 250B faired the best. It's actually a great bird. Best signal, very steady, pretty fast and very durable. It's just a good solid bird (I did upgrade a few things on it). Flew 5 2200 3S through it, had a blast.

Next was the P200. I've had a lot of issues with this bird and just replaced the camera and VTX. I'm running 1500 3S on this bird. It flew okay and I wrecked it pretty good on the second battery. Battery got trashed, GoPro PL filter (I use them just for protection, glad I did this time) got busted. The XT connector on the frame got tweaked and I screwed up a few props. Time for some repairs!

IMG_5095.JPG

Next up was BOB (Crusader GT2), 1300 3S. A lot smoother in Acro but it's going to take a while to master. Good, solid bird with a good signal. Really like the OSD on this bird. I like that I can watch the voltage so I know when I have to come in. Wrecked her a few times. On the 4th battery, I broke her. I made some higher custom side plates for my GoPro to get a bit more room under the hood and one of them got cracked in the wreck. Repair time again!

IMG_5097.JPG

Lastly, was the XJB-75 with a 550 3S. Damned near lost the SOB! I'll upload the FS video later. It was a hoot but I decided I'd keep her indoors on some 2S that I just got in this afternoon.

All in all, a great day of flying! I'm recharging the 250B batteries now. I put a Runcam Owl Plus in it and it should be able to fly in lower light conditions so I'm hoping to burn a few more batteries before it gets too dark!

Jerry

Green,

The jury is still out. A little pissed about the lack of info on this bird. Even the manufacturer has nothing but a bunch of pictures. Here's my take so far:

The overall build quality is good. It's a solid structure, the boards are clean and wires are trimmed to keep everything clean. The structure should keep everything pretty safe.

The props are going to take forever to get. I do like that they have two screw holes to secure each prop. The motors look great and seem to provide a lot of power. When hand turned they aren't smooth, they have that choppy feel to them.

They provided a USB adapter so you can access the port on the board with the props on but it's tinty and fragile. I already broke mine and have read that others have broken theirs as well. I have a down angled USB cable coming that should solve the issue but for now I have to remove one prop each time I hook it up to the computer.

Putting Betaflight on the board was a great idea but they could have spent a few minutes doing some basic settings. If you try to fly this thing out of the box, you're in trouble (as I found out). The board heading is not pre-set and needs to be set to -45. The LED's aren't set either. It comes with all motors going in the same direction so you need to go into BLHeli and set 1 & 4 to reversed and 2 & 3 to normal.

The 3S battery they send with it is probably great for people that are good Acro fliers but for a novice Horizon flier like me they're to much. I got some 2S that gave tamed it a bit. I can't really test Acro because I'm not skilled enough yet. Horizon kind of suck and the bird is all over the place but I'm sure most won't fly it in Horizon anyway.

I think the PIDs are probably off quite a bit but I don't know enough about tuning to mess with them. The little JJPro T1 is a piece of cake compared to this.

I took it outside the other day (3S), put the goggles on and took off. **** near lost the thing. Went to the sky immediately and then the wind caught it. Fortunately, I got it down and landed to give a go another day.

I was messing with it in the basement yesterday and noticed that motor 1 was stuttering. When I first noticed it I thought, "ahh, there's the problem" but it wasn't. I put it in Betaflight and couldn't get motor 1 to spin up. After looking it over really good I noticed that 2 of the 3 ESC wires on motor 1 were disconnected at the board. I soldered them back in last night and the motor spins up now.

I love the look and feel of the bird and think that once it's dialed in and the PIDs are right it'll be a great bird. I found one vide an it and this guy is putting it through the paces. He to,d me he get me the PIDs he's using once he gets it tuned.

Here's a link to his video:

Hope that helps!

Jerry

Hey Jerry, do you have a verdict on the xjb yet? Opinion on indoor vs outdoor for this one?

Green,

Had a chance to play with the XJB-75 and the T1 a few days ago. The XJB-75 Seems like it should be a good bird. It's well protected, built well (except some soldering, loose screws and USB port). It's a PITA to get set-up and won't fly well from the start. This in not a BNF or ARF bird and it should be for the money it costs. I had to re-solder several wires, replace some screws and the little USB adapter they supply so you don't have to remove the prop to get at the port is flimsy and fragile. Mine is already broken. The thing has a lot of power, even on 2S but that's about it. The little info I can find is mostly negative and nobody seems to be having much luck solving some seriously extreme drifting problems. The jury is now in...don't waste your money just yet. Just for fun, I put this clip together for your amusement!

Jerry

Nah, not in this case. You know me by now, I've searched high and low for any and all info I can find. The few folks that have them on RCG are experiencing similar issues. The **** thing will suddenly start a hard drift to the right with no user input. Even if you try to correct it, it's so fast you just can't control it. I love the little motors, they do have some power. The T1 is a better and cheaper bird.

Jerry

Nah, not in this case. You know me by now, I've searched high and low for any and all info I can find. The few folks that have them on RCG are experiencing similar issues. The **** thing will suddenly start a hard drift to the right with no user input. Even if you try to correct it, it's so fast you just can't control it. I love the little motors, they do have some power. The T1 is a better and cheaper bird.

Jerry

Ok, that is bad. Not really drift, it is worse.

New Hofbrau keg tapped tonight!View attachment 373

Oh, that's why your still up. My wife is gone so I'm staying up past bedtime tonight. Disappointed with my 250B, I've mock mounted a new Betaflight F3 controller in the frame. It's going to be a lot of itty-bitty soldering. I also thought that the FC on my P200 was causing the problems with it but now it appears to be the PDB too. I don't know why they are using these PDB's as support parts on the frames. They've got no strength to them at all, you bend them and they'll break like a twig.

Jerry

That sucks. At that point you are basically building a quad. This is a good time to swap frames If you are thinking about it. QAV-R, Alien, Skitzo... are all easy to build in. If you need a new PDB, look at the Matek HUBOSD. High current, OSD, +12V, +5V, etc.

Ive got two of the Betaflight F3 boards on hand now. They have the PDB and OSD already on them. I'm really going to have to doctor up this Arris frame to make it work though.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya