Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata's unobstructed transmission distance

pedz

Reaction score
Website
why-not-photography.smugmug.com
I've flown DJI Inspire and Mavic drones. The Avata looks really really fun but I'm still checking it out.

On the DJI Avata forum there are some complaints about the distance the drone can go. I'm in the states. Apparently different regions have different limitations. I've watched another video and he was really impressed with the Avata's ability to punch through obstructions which is good information. But I think it would be nice to know your experience on how far away the drone can go in a best case, unobstructed situation.

I'm interested in knowing this for both the "DJI FPV Remote Controller 2" as well as the new fangled "DJI Motion Controller" using the newer "DJI Goggles 2"

Thank you for your time

Reactions: GFields
I've flown DJI Inspire and Mavic drones. The Avata looks really really fun but I'm still checking it out.

On the DJI Avata forum there are some complaints about the distance the drone can go. I'm in the states. Apparently different regions have different limitations. I've watched another video and he was really impressed with the Avata's ability to punch through obstructions which is good information. But I think it would be nice to know your experience on how far away the drone can go in a best case, unobstructed situation.

I'm interested in knowing this for both the "DJI FPV Remote Controller 2" as well as the new fangled "DJI Motion Controller" using the newer "DJI Goggles 2"

Thank you for your time
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

I'm sure, like all other drones, the Avata range will vary depending on the environment and other factors

For a cinewhoop that's plenty!

Reactions: Bonzo
In CE mode it gets rough past 1km or so. In USA/FCC mode you probably don't have enough flight time to even run into range limitations when unobstructed.

Reactions: rktman
I have done a lot of drone flying in a park that is a block away from my home. With my Mavic 2 Pro I have attempted to fly over to where my house is but as descend to get a good camera shot I losae communication and mt Mavic will execute an RTH. The day befor yesterday I tried it with my Avata as I descended down to a good camera shooting height I watched my signal strength indicators evaporate quickly. It's pretty amazing what a line of houses will do to your signal strength.

Reactions: Texas Red
It's pretty amazing what a line of houses will do to your signal strength.
No more than when you look in that direction and try to see your house, dammit, those houses and trees block the light.

Same stuff. EM radiation. Once you realize this, it's expected and unremarkable 😁

Attenuation depends on frequency and material. Light passes easily through glass, not wood. 2.4 - 5Ghz EM passes through dry wood pretty easily, anything with moisture not so well, gypsum board not so much, metal really bad.

Last edited:
I try to fly slightly above the area I pick if possible. Your right you dive down and transmission goes to 3-5 ouch. I had one auto return with lost of signal.

Best case scenario with clear line of site? The battery will die before I lose signal. Tested several times.

I live in the woods and can achieve a mile or so when the leaves have fallen.

Best case scenario with clear line of site? The battery will die before I lose signal. Tested several times.

I live in the woods and can achieve a mile or so when the leaves have fallen.
And in June, 50 ft. 🤣

And in June, 50 ft. 🤣
Nah, I could get out a couple thousand feet. But really, this little bird isn't about that. I was tearing through 5 acres of woods. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya