Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

BetaFlight CLI Dump

SpeedBump

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the cause/effects of getting the following results in my BetaFlight 4.2.2 CLI Dump. This is happening in two of my DJI HD quads, one is the iFlight A85 DJI Caddx Visat HD Bind and Fly whoop and the other is a custom build using the Carearea Talon V2 5in Frame with DJI Caddx Visat HD and the Flywoo GOKU F745 EVO 40A AIO BL_32 DJI Plug & Play FC.

It doesn't seem to be affecting anything, but I would like to get rid of this warning/error message in the event that eventually it may cause some problems down the line. Any help and/or suggestions as to how I can get rid of these messages is much appreciates.

Here is the warning and error message from the my iFlight A85:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
# dump all
###WARNING: NO CUSTOM DEFAULTS FOUND###
# version
# Betaflight / STM32F411 (S411) 4.2.0 Jun 14 2020 / 03:04:43 (8f2d21460) MSP API: 1.43
###ERROR: dump: NO CONFIG FOUND###
# start the command batch
batch start
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the one from the Carearea 5in DJI Caddx Visat HD Build:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
# dump all
###WARNING: NO CUSTOM DEFAULTS FOUND###
# version
# Betaflight / STM32F745 (S745) 4.2.0 Jun 14 2020 / 03:05:04 (8f2d21460) MSP API: 1.43
###ERROR: dump: NO CONFIG FOUND###
# start the command batch
batch start
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Depending on what target is loaded on the FC, this can come up when your firmware was flashed but custom defaults were not applied after flashing. Back before BF 4.2.X, you had to flash your firmware with Legacy or unified targets. The legacy targets required you do do a CLI config to allocate resources and all the base flight controller config before even starting to configure your settings. There is a mismatch in your config now that is causing this issue.

You can fix this by backing up your config then reflashing 4.20 as only unified targets exist in Betaflight 10.7 now. You could also look to update your firmware to 4.2.5 or newer where you have better options for filtering and tuning.

If you don't want to lose your settings in this particular case, you should make sure you are on the latest versn of Betaflight configurator, then back up your config for 4.2.0 with the "dump all" then re-flash your firmware with 4.2.0. chose "apply custom defaults" after it finishes flashing, then reload your output from dump all into the CLI. You should then backup your config with "diff all" before you flash to a newer version on your flight controller. This will resolve your errors and give you the good foundation for moving forward. If you don't care about your existing settings and want to just start from scratch, then just flash a newer version and "apply custom defaults" then re-apply your changes to configure your receiver and aux modes etc.

I wrote an article on when to use diff all versus dump all.

Last edited:
Depending on what target is loaded on the FC, this can come up when your firmware was flashed but custom defaults were not applied after flashing. Back before BF 4.2.X, you had to flash your firmware with Legacy or unified targets. The legacy targets required you do do a CLI config to allocate resources and all the base flight controller config before even starting to configure your settings. There is a mismatch in your config now that is causing this issue.

You can fix this by backing up your config then reflashing 4.20 as only unified targets exist in Betaflight 10.7 now. You could also look to update your firmware to 4.2.5 or newer where you have better options for filtering and tuning.

If you don't want to lose your settings in this particular case, you should make sure you are on the latest versn of Betaflight configurator, then back up your config for 4.2.0 with the "dump all" then re-flash your firmware with 4.2.0. chose "apply custom defaults" after it finishes flashing, then reload your output from dump all into the CLI. You should then backup your config with "diff all" before you flash to a newer version on your flight controller. This will resolve your errors and give you the good foundation for moving forward. If you don't care about your existing settings and want to just start from scratch, then just flash a newer version and "apply custom defaults" then re-apply your changes to configure your receiver and aux modes etc.

I wrote an article on when to use diff all versus dump all.

Hi,
Thank you for this “extremely” detailed explanation and resolution to my query. you’re very kind to take so much time to write such a well written and detailed explanation.

If I may, I have a quick question. If I was to to do a diff all of my current settings in BF 4.2 and decided to flash 4.2.5, are 4.2 and 4.2.5 compatible enough that I can import my 4./ Diff all to get me back to where I was on 4.2?

Thanks again.
Sam

Hi,
Thank you for this “extremely” detailed explanation and resolution to my query. you’re very kind to take so much time to write such a well written and detailed explanation.

If I may, I have a quick question. If I was to to do a diff all of my current settings in BF 4.2 and decided to flash 4.2.5, are 4.2 and 4.2.5 compatible enough that I can import my 4./ Diff all to get me back to where I was on 4.2?

Thanks again.
Sam
There are changes from 4.2.0 to 4.25 that may cause errors. Apply the dump all and post the results. I can take a look at it and let you know if you may have any issues as a result. I think you should be fine though.

There are changes from 4.2.0 to 4.25 that may cause errors. Apply the dump all and post the results. I can take a look at it and let you know if you may have any issues as a result. I think you should be fine though.
Thank you ?. I’ll see if I have time tomorrow after a work virtual training session. If not tomorrow, for sure the next day.
cheers,
Sam

Thank you ?. I’ll see if I have time tomorrow after a work virtual training session. If not tomorrow, for sure the next day.
cheers,
Sam
Hi,
I was just surfing EMAX website looking for some info on my TinyHawk 2 and came across some interesting information about setting the custom settings. According to the following extract from the EMAX site, they imply that I can apply the default settings without reflashing the firmware by simply Clicking the Reset Button in the Setup Tab. Of course before I do this, I would still have to do a dump all of my current configuration and dump it back after executing the reset function.
Am I reading this correctly?

Important: After reconnecting to the Configurator, there will NOT be a pop-up Notice window that asks if you want to apply the custom defaults for this board. Rather, you will need to go into the Setup tab and click the Reset Settings button, and then click the Reset button in the corresponding pop-up window. Re-Connect to Configurator.

Hi,
I was just surfing EMAX website looking for some info on my TinyHawk 2 and came across some interesting information about setting the custom settings. According to the following extract from the EMAX site, they imply that I can apply the default settings without reflashing the firmware by simply Clicking the Reset Button in the Setup Tab. Of course before I do this, I would still have to do a dump all of my current configuration and dump it back after executing the reset function.
Am I reading this correctly?

Important: After reconnecting to the Configurator, there will NOT be a pop-up Notice window that asks if you want to apply the custom defaults for this board. Rather, you will need to go into the Setup tab and click the Reset Settings button, and then click the Reset button in the corresponding pop-up window. Re-Connect to Configurator.
Normally if you hit reset, you will lose anything that varies from the default config. The emax in the kit is flashed with a custom target firmware that includes all the settings that are required for the kit to work. (IE. included radio and goggles) so when you hit reset it goes back to the way it was shipped (working with the kit). Many kits do this to make it easy to recover if you mess up. Since the radio and goggles are included, they can do that. Once the firmware is updated then that will no linger work. Most manufacturers including Emax make available CLI dumps that include a tune for their drones on their websites. You would still need to setup your radio / receiver but the drone settings would be in the supplied CLI dump. Just remember that the CLI dump is valid and optimized for a specific version of Betaflight. My Tinyhawk II Freestyle is running 4.2.5 at the moment and I have changed a bunch of tuning parameters to optimize it from previous versions.

Normally if you hit reset, you will lose anything that varies from the default config. The emax in the kit is flashed with a custom target firmware that includes all the settings that are required for the kit to work. (IE. included radio and goggles) so when you hit reset it goes back to the way it was shipped (working with the kit). Many kits do this to make it easy to recover if you mess up. Since the radio and goggles are included, they can do that. Once the firmware is updated then that will no linger work. Most manufacturers including Emax make available CLI dumps that include a tune for their drones on their websites. You would still need to setup your radio / receiver but the drone settings would be in the supplied CLI dump. Just remember that the CLI dump is valid and optimized for a specific version of Betaflight. My Tinyhawk II Freestyle is running 4.2.5 at the moment and I have changed a bunch of tuning parameters to optimize it from previous versions.

Ah! Since that is how it works (learn something new from you every time ??) and I have it flashed with Emuflight, I’ll have to do it using the first option you recommended.
Thanks again!

Would anyone happen to have a CLI dump for an iFlight XL10, running 2814 1100kv motors with an iFlight SucceX Twing/60A ESC stack? That or anything that might work would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput