Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone Won't Arm Unless Connected to Betaflight

Interesting. This is the only way I've been able to get the motors to come on.

Are you in the 808?

Interesting. This is the only way I've been able to get the motors to come on.

Are you in the 808?
You are bypassing all the safety checks by doing this. You should never do this! Hang on a few minutes, I'm typing up instructions.

Last edited:
Do the following steps exactly.

1. Do not connect the battery to the quad.
  2. Connect the FC to Betaflght and go to the receiver tab and confirm all sticks are mapped properly. (ie. throttle moves the throttle bar on screen, pitch moves pitch etc.
  3. Check the values of your throttle when it's all the way down. What is the number for your throttle?
  4. What is the "Stick low" threshold value set to?
  5. Confirm switch SA toggles Aux1 from 1000 to 2000
  6. Confirm switch SB toggles Aux2 from 1000 to 2000
  7. Confirm switch SC toggles Aux3 from 1000 to 2000
  8. Confirm switch SD toggles Aux4 from 1000 to 2000
  9. Report back here and we can continue.

I am unable to connect to the drone without having the battery connected.

All aux channels are mapped correctly and work as they should. The 'tic' is well within the slider value for all aux modes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.16.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.16.01 AM.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 5
please provide a screenshot of modes tab

This was all setup by GetFPV.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 12.16.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 12.16.42 PM.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 5
Your FC should power on from USB and you should be able to connect Betaflight without the battery connected. Do any LEDs light up on the FC when USB attached without battery?

The FC powers on but the DJI Air Unit does not, unless I plug in a battery.

The FC powers on but the DJI Air Unit does not, unless I plug in a battery.
Ok that's fine. the FC can't supply the min voltage for the AIR unit

Plug in the battery, try to arm with the arm switch then immediately attach the USB and look at the arming status flag. does it still show nothing?

Also please confirm these numbers

• Check the values of your throttle when it's all the way down. What is the number for your throttle?
  • What is the "Stick low" threshold value set to?

Just to confirm, when you flip aux1 in the modes tab, the arm icon turns red correct?

Plug in the battery, try to arm with the arm switch then immediately attach the USB and look at the arming status flag. does it still show nothing? No flags.

Check the values of your throttle when it's all the way down. What is the number for your throttle? 998

What is the "Stick low" threshold value set to? Just set it to 1070... no luck :(

Just to confirm, when you flip aux1 in the modes tab, the arm icon turns red correct? Correct.

Plug in the battery, try to arm with the arm switch then immediately attach the USB and look at the arming status flag. does it still show nothing? No flags.

Check the values of your throttle when it's all the way down. What is the number for your throttle? 998

What is the "Stick low" threshold value set to? Just set it to 1070... no luck :(

Just to confirm, when you flip aux1 in the modes tab, the arm icon turns red correct? Correct.
OK good, we are eliminating almost everything. Do you have a beeper on the quad? Can we get the beep codes?

Three short upon plugging in the battery and two long, like in the attached image.

beep beep beep
beeeeeep beeeeeep

Red light is constant and blue light flashes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 1.01.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 1.01.49 PM.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 4
Three short upon plugging in the battery and two long, like in the attached image.

beep beep beep
beeeeeep beeeeeep

Red light is constant and blue light flashes.
Those are the beeps from the ESC booting up then talking to the FC. Any beeps when you try arming?

Nothing when I try arming.
You don't have a buzzer then. The FC will also flash the error code but its very fast and kind of hard to see.
it will flash 5 times very fast followed by one or more long flashes then short flashes.

Can you try to see this? Start counting at the long flashes then the short flashes

Here is a vid of the blinking blue light. It's hard to say... 5 short but can't tell what it's doing after that.

Is your quad plugged into USB while you tried arming in this video? make sure it's not connected to USB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi