Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

BOB is ready for some air!

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Got my GT2 the day before yesterday and started tinkering away. They said the FrSky X4R would go into this thing with the header pins on but I sure couldn't figure out a way to do it. I ended up stripping the TX down, soldering the wires directly to the board and covering the board with shrink tubing with some cut-outs for the switch and LED's. This thing is really compact (I mean really compact!) and very clean looking. The 5mm frame should take quite a bit of abuse. Here's a few pics from the install.

Jerry

Attachments

• GT2-X4R-01.JPG
    GT2-X4R-01.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 3
  • GT2-X4R-02.JPG
    GT2-X4R-02.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 3
  • GT2-X4R-03.JPG
    GT2-X4R-03.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 3
  • GT2-X4R-04.JPG
    GT2-X4R-04.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 3
  • GT2-X4R-05.JPG
    GT2-X4R-05.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 3
  • GT2-X4R-06.JPG
    GT2-X4R-06.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 3
In case you're wondering, BOB stands for "Blacked-Out-Beast"! The thing is a dead match for my Harley CVO Street Glide, it's blacked out as well. Cleaned up a few other things, put some double stick foam under the ESC's, pushed them forward a bit to get the wires away from some screws and ditched the tie-wraps for electric tape. My GP Session sits square in the camera mount. It came pre-flashed with BetaFlight 3.0.1 so all I had to do was bind it to my Taranis Plus. I'm going to go through the BetaFlight stuff and BLHeli a bit more thoroughly. Can't fly here now anyway, single digits and snow. Maybe when we head to TX in January.

Jerry

And Here's BOB !!!

BOB-01.JPG BOB-02.JPG BOB-03.JPG BOB-04.JPG BOB-05.JPG BOB-06.JPG BOB-07.JPG BOB-08.JPG BOB-09.JPG

In case you're wondering, BOB stands for "Blacked-Out-Beast"! The thing is a dead match for my Harley CVO Street Glide, it's blacked out as well. Cleaned up a few other things, put some double stick foam under the ESC's, pushed them forward a bit to get the wires away from some screws and ditched the tie-wraps for electric tape. My GP Session sits square in the camera mount. It came pre-flashed with BetaFlight 3.0.1 so all I had to do was bind it to my Taranis Plus. I'm going to go through the BetaFlight stuff and BLHeli a bit more thoroughly. Can't fly here now anyway, single digits and snow. Maybe when we head to TX in January.

Jerry

And Here's BOB !!!

View attachment 171 View attachment 172 View attachment 173 View attachment 174 View attachment 175 View attachment 176 View attachment 177 View attachment 178 View attachment 179

Looks AWESOME man!

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax