Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

This is infuriating isn’t it? I placed an order for MC hard case and it will be a good 4 weeks till I get it. Every American case is a stupid copy of the other; none of them have the props on utility

if I could get any props on case right now, I’d buy it instantly. I want props on... is that so hard GPC? PGYTECH?

also I find it surprising that these companies were not given a heads up by DJI pre launch
I agree completely, the case has to handle the drone props on or I wont buy it! And I get one that gives me an email address to order one and they wont even respond!! GRRR

Reactions: Halifax
Well I sent the email to the guy I was directed to at B&W and nothing..did another comment on the youtube video, and nothing there either...

Still looking for a decent case!!!
I didn’t get a response on ETA for the updated foam but I did get this (poor service, screenshot won’t load):

Thank you Richard. You have our full support as we have a strong partnership with the manufacturer when it comes to the design and guarantee of these cases.

It’s one of the reasons why we’re a top tier DJI dealer. Sometimes things do go wrong which are out of our control. But with our reputation and the right feedback from you, our clients, it helps us achieve long term client satisfaction. Thank you for this opportunity to allow us to mitigate some of the issues regarding these cases. Let me know if you have any other questions.

This is infuriating isn’t it? I placed an order for MC hard case and it will be a good 4 weeks till I get it. Every American case is a stupid copy of the other; none of them have the props on utility

if I could get any props on case right now, I’d buy it instantly. I want props on... is that so hard GPC? PGYTECH?

also I find it surprising that these companies were not given a heads up by DJI pre launch
I’m sticking with the Nanuk 945 from OVT. Hopefully they will nail it with the revamped foam! The drone fits perfectly with props on btw, and a simple modification would accommodate the arm braces.

Last edited:
I’m sticking with the Nanuk 945 from OVT. Hopefully they will nail it with the revamped foam! The drone fits perfectly with props on btw, and a simple modification would accommodate the arm braces.
Yeah man, if it works out well, I am in for one (again!). Who knows maybe my MC case will get here sooner than that.

Yeah man, if it works out well, I am in for one (again!). Who knows maybe my MC case will get here sooner than that.
You ordered the soft sided case right? The foam looks identical to the hard case though. Looking forward to seeing what you think about it.

Let us know on the foam... Still looking.
Will do! Mark, the sales manager at OVT had this response to my question of ETA:

Not yet. They are going back to their redesign process and told us that they’ve looked into the whole problem. Please check with us again by next week so that we can also do the same with them in order to expedite the whole thing.

You ordered the soft sided case right? The foam looks identical to the hard case though. Looking forward to seeing what you think about it.
I ordered the Nanuk 945 from OVT and then cancelled my order after Pinpoint mentioned the flaws with the case.

I do have an MC case DJI FPV foam set on order (I have an empty MC Case hard case which is exactly the same size as DJI FPV hard case so the foam is an exact fit). The whole thing was stupidly cheap including shipping, like $89 or something... but the only problem is, I won’t have it till end of May, perhaps even later than that.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: A.O.
I ordered the Nanuk 945 from OVT and then cancelled my order after Pinpoint mentioned the flaws with the case.

I do have an MC case DJI FPV foam set on order (I have an empty MC Case hard case which is exactly the same size as DJI FPV hard case so the foam is an exact fit). The whole thing was stupidly cheap including shipping, like $89 or something... but the only problem is, I won’t have it till end of May, perhaps even later than that.
Geez, what were you using that case for? Hahaha! That's a big case! It's one of the reasons I went with the B and W case and I almost regret this one. The MC Cases is 22x17x8.5 inches ... the B and W is at least an inch smaller in every dimension and it's still a royal pain to transport. I kinda miss my Harbor Freight case... hahaha! I'm honestly beginning to reevaluate how much I hate installing props! If it weren't for my desire to carry a bunch of batteries, 7 if I ditch the motion controller, I'd probably get the GPC for day to day activities and save the B and W for traveling.

That’s pretty cheap. With Nanuk, the foam is, typically, just as costly as the case and for some models, more costly. For example, the Nanuk 910 case is $79CDN and the Mini 2 foam insert is $86CDN or the Nanuk 910 with Mini 2 insert is $129CDN ?‍♂️

Geez, what were you using that case for? Hahaha! That's a big case! It's one of the reasons I went with the B and W case and I almost regret this one. The MC Cases is 22x17x8.5 inches ... the B and W is at least an inch smaller in every dimension and it's still a royal pain to transport. I kinda miss my Harbor Freight case... hahaha! I'm honestly beginning to reevaluate how much I hate installing props! If it weren't for my desire to carry a bunch of batteries, 7 if I ditch the motion controller, I'd probably get the GPC for day to day activities and save the B and W for traveling.
Not sure if those are interior or exterior measurements but the Nanuk 945 interior measurements are 22x17x8.2 inches. It’s a fairly large case but doesn’t really bother me as I have no plans of taking this case on a plane. I may look for a small bag or back pack later to use as a carry-on.

Reactions: Halifax
Hah! Oh it is gigantic! I was using it for the DJi goggles and MA2, everything in one.

In all honesty the Harbor Freight case you mentioned seems almost perfect. I mean, you can have the drone in it with the props along with the braces. If you forgo the filters and get creative you can fit two more batteries in it. At this point that seems like the perfect option.

also this drone will get old really quickly if you do the props on/off exercise a few times. Right now I am using the DJI fly more backpack and I effing hate putting the props on.

I might pick up a HF case tonight just so that I don’t have to put on those wretched propellers.

Reactions: A.O. and Halifax
Reactions: A.O.
Cubed foam, what exactly does that mean?
That’s pick n pluck as Nanuk calls it (check their YouTube videos on what they Nanuk “cubed foam” is). Honestly it is absolutely retarded that they don’t call it pick n pluck.

frankly, I think that’s as good as it gets for this drone. As the OmniTech example shows, the 945 is spacious as hell and I won’t mind spending 15-20 minutes customizing the interior as I see fit.

That’s pick n pluck as Nanuk calls it (check their YouTube videos on what they Nanuk “cubed foam” is). Honestly it is absolutely retarded that they don’t call it pick n pluck.

frankly, I think that’s as good as it gets for this drone. As the OmniTech example shows, the 945 is spacious as hell and I won’t mind spending 15-20 minutes customizing the interior as I see fit.
I’ve seen pic & pluck foam, never tried it. How good can you really make it fit???
And when Omni gets their foam right would you be able to buy just the foam????

I’ve seen pic & pluck foam, never tried it. How good can you really make it fit???
I’m thinking you will be able to. It may not be listed on their website but I’m betting a call or email to their sales team would fix you up

Honestly pick n pluck can be made to work very, very well. The only reason I was willing to burn more money is because I really didn’t want to spend time plucking foam hahaha

but really, I think it is the perfect solution. It is nearly half of the price of the OmniTech case, has the same 945 Nanuk hard case, and you don’t have to wait ages to take a chance on OmniTech again.

as for the OmniTech foam itself, I think you are better off contacting Foama. Foama is the company cutting the custom foam for OmniTech which they are stuffing into 945 hard cases and selling. Foama will definitely sell you the foam directly (I doubt OmniTech has filed a patent on thier design). However I don’t think you will ever feel the need to go to Foama; I think you will be perfectly happy with a customized pick n pluck interior.

And it is ORANGE!! :D

here is a pretty cool YouTube video. Many like it on YouTube.

Last edited:
Honestly pick n pluck can be made to work very, very well. The only reason I was willing to burn more money is because I really didn’t want to spend time plucking foam hahaha

but really, I think it is the perfect solution. It is nearly half of the price of the OmniTech case, has the same 945 Nanuk hard case, and you don’t have to wait ages to take a chance on OmniTech again.

as for the OmniTech foam itself, I think you are better off contacting Foama. Foama is the company cutting the custom foam for OmniTech which they are stuffing into 945 hard cases and selling. Foama will definitely sell you the foam directly (I doubt OmniTech has filed a patent on thier design). However I don’t think you will ever feel the need to go to Foama; I think you will be perfectly happy with a customized pick n pluck interior.

And it is ORANGE!! :D

here is a pretty cool YouTube video. Many like it on YouTube.

The Harbor Freight is plucky as well! ($50) After I plucked mine, I hosed it down with Plasti Dip. It locks the remaining cubes into place and keeps the foam from fraying.

Reactions: Sayenah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi