Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

Hah! Oh it is gigantic! I was using it for the DJi goggles and MA2, everything in one.

In all honesty the Harbor Freight case you mentioned seems almost perfect. I mean, you can have the drone in it with the props along with the braces. If you forgo the filters and get creative you can fit two more batteries in it. At this point that seems like the perfect option.

also this drone will get old really quickly if you do the props on/off exercise a few times. Right now I am using the DJI fly more backpack and I effing hate putting the props on.

I might pick up a HF case tonight just so that I don’t have to put on those wretched propellers.
Yea... Pulling props is something I don't miss from the old drone days. NOT AT ALL!!!

The Harbor Freight is plucky as well! ($50) After I plucked mine, I hosed it down with Plasti Dip. It locks the remaining cubes into place and keeps the foam from fraying.
Good idea with the plastidip! I was going to pick a HF Orange today but saw the Nanuk. It is a little bigger, has tons of Nanuk specific accessories blah blah... man it was convenient to order that haha, and that’s the best justification for it :)

Not sure I like the MC case as it pushes down on the props, might deform them after a while.
I have the MC case and the props do not not get pushed down, when the drone is in the case the props are just touching the top of the red foam, so effectively supported. I have not seen any issues with props getting deformed and have had the case for over a month.

Reactions: A.O.
I have the MC case and the props do not not get pushed down, when the drone is in the case the props are just touching the top of the red foam, so effectively supported. I have not seen any issues with props getting deformed and have had the case for over a month.
Can the case accommodate the drone with the braces on?

asking all mc case owners.

That’s pick n pluck as Nanuk calls it (check their YouTube videos on what they Nanuk “cubed foam” is). Honestly it is absolutely retarded that they don’t call it pick n pluck.

frankly, I think that’s as good as it gets for this drone. As the OmniTech example shows, the 945 is spacious as hell and I won’t mind spending 15-20 minutes customizing the interior as I see fit.
Very tempting, But I'm going to wait and see if I can get a custom pre-cut case, seems much cleaner..

Would prefer Nanuk but we'll see..

Last edited:
Very tempting, But I'm going to wait and see if I can get a custom pre-cut case, seems much cleaner..

Would prefer Nanuk but we'll see..
Just seen this Scott..not sure if available in the US

Attachments

• FE5C693B-1E3F-49E5-B801-3CD30DA654FB.jpeg
    FE5C693B-1E3F-49E5-B801-3CD30DA654FB.jpeg
    416.7 KB · Views: 14
Just seen this Scott..not sure if available in the US
Yes, they are available here but as Sayenah said it stores the drone with props off so that's a no go, but thanks for the heads up..

We be lazy over here, dont want to take the props off all the time! :eek: :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 5898
Yes, they are available here but as Sayenah said it stores the drone with props off so that's a no go, but thanks for the heads up..

We be lazy over here, dont want to take the props off all the time! :eek: :D

I'm not that informed on the cases yet Scott, haven't even got the drone yet ?
just saw Nanuk and orange and thought of you. ??

Reactions: A.O.
I'm not that informed on the cases yet Scott, haven't even got the drone yet ?
just saw Nanuk and orange and thought of you. ??
And I appreciate you pointing it out to me, I would definitely prefer orange and Nanuk and I'm sure there is stuff out there I am not seeing.

And you will love it when you get one! I got lucky and timing just worked out for me.

Reactions: Deleted member 5898
Can the case accommodate the drone with the braces on?

asking all mc case owners.
Yes, the B and W case allows you to leave the braces on even though the drone doesn't sink all the way in, since the lid is so tall. I modified mine to work sunk in.20210411_140924.jpg20210411_141007.jpg

So I had emailed the guy I was referred to at B&W to get one of their cases, here is his reply.

"Unfortunately this product is not yet available in the US, but it has been ordered. I may end up bringing some more in via air-freight from our HQ in Germany, but the timing/cost may not make sense. I will keep you updated as information becomes available.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Todd "

I also emailed Nanuk suggesting they come up with a props on case with room for lots of batteries. Not sure what if anything will become of that. But I can hope. I really like the Nanuk cases!
Or hopefully Omni Tech will get their foam fixed soon.

So I had emailed the guy I was referred to at B&W to get one of their cases, here is his reply.

"Unfortunately this product is not yet available in the US, but it has been ordered. I may end up bringing some more in via air-freight from our HQ in Germany, but the timing/cost may not make sense. I will keep you updated as information becomes available.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Todd "
Why is sooooo hard for any of these American manufacturers to make ONE case which accommodates for props-on?? WTF

Asked the dudes at MC to modify the foam for the braces. This is what they did.

Great guys! And it fits perfectly in my current MC hard case.

Attachments

• 140C855E-2FA4-426F-87FB-FB27D37512AE.jpeg
    140C855E-2FA4-426F-87FB-FB27D37512AE.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 505E2A31-BC99-4D23-BA72-6944EB9B0E3B.jpeg
    505E2A31-BC99-4D23-BA72-6944EB9B0E3B.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 6
Why is sooooo hard for any of these American manufacturers to make ONE case which accommodates for props-on?? WTF

Asked the dudes at MC to modify the foam for the braces. This is what they did.

Great guys! And it fits perfectly in my current MC hard case.
No kidding!! These drones are selling like crazy, why cant we get a decent case?

So where can I get the case with that interior? WAIT A MUNUTE... I just saw there are no props on the back.

Last edited:
No kidding!! These drones are selling like crazy, why cant we get a decent case?

So where can I get the case with that interior? WAIT A MUNUTE... I just saw there are no props on the back.

And whats with the two battery holes that the rear arms go through??
This is the MC Cases hard case. Rear props can stay on as well. The two holes under the rear arm accommodate two goggle batteries

This is the MC Cases hard case. Rear props can stay on as well. The two holes under the rear arm accommodate two goggle batteries
Yes I went back and watched the video and saw they were for goggle batteries underneath.

So were you able to buy just the foam? Where?

Yes I went back and watched the video and saw they were for goggle batteries underneath.

So were you able to buy just the foam? Where?
So I emailed the MC Cases customer support and asked if they could just sell me the foam because the dimensions of the hard case which I have are the exact dimensions of the case which they use for FPV drone.

I wouldn’t advise buying the foam without measuring the interior dimensions of the hard case you are fitting it in (but then again, these things can be modified... it is foam after all).

honestly the MC Cases is a good bet. The other way is getting an Orange Nanuk 945 from Amazon for $155 and contacting Foama to make a custom foam interior for you (if you decide to not use the cubed foam which comes with the orange Nanuk 945).

the B&W case seems like a bigger hassle as NO ONE has it and the importer seems to be waiting on a bulk order, understandably so.

funny thing is, I have the orange Nanuk 945 on the way as well coming tomorrow. I will carve out the interior and use the Nanuk for now. The foam for the MC-Cases is going to take about 4-5 weeks.

Last edited:
So I emailed the MC Cases customer support and asked if they could just sell me the foam because the dimensions of the hard case which I have are the exact dimensions of the case which they use for FPV drone.

I wouldn’t advise buying the foam without measuring the interior dimensions of the hard case you are fitting it in (but then again, these things can be modified... it is foam after all).
Have you heard back yet? And what are those dimensions? Wondering if it would fit in a Nanuk 945..

Last edited:
Have you hears back yet? And what are those dimensions? Wondering if it would fit in a Nanuk 945..
Yes I have the MC Cases fpv foam on order. Check their site; they have the exterior dimensions of the hard case (not the foam) on their site. Compare that with the exterior/interior dimensions of a Nanuk 945. It will give you a rough idea. You can also email them and get the dimensions of the foam alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi