Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Carrying Case?

Honestly the more I look at it the more irritated I get. I may email them as well to see about a return.
You definitely want to mention that the batteries are rattling about and LiPO batteries rattling about is a *potential* fire hazard. Pump this point a little bit if they give you trouble with return or try to charge you “restocking fee”. In essence they sold you a fire hazard.

You definitely want to mention that the batteries are rattling about and LiPO batteries rattling about is a *potential* fire hazard. Pump this point a little bit if they give you trouble with return or try to charge you “restocking fee”. In essence they sold you a fire hazard.
I definitely will. I had such high hopes for this case ?

Reactions: A.O.
Well after listening to you guys I just sent an email trying to cancel my order.. we'll see..

OK, update on the Nanuk 945 case from OmniView Tech. I just got off the phone with Sharon up there and cancelled my order. She did inform me that the loose foam was something that slipped past their quality control and they are working on rectifying the situation. They are apparently getting some new foam inserts done and new cases will be coming out with those. She wanted to know if I wanted to keep the order in place and I told her no for now, but I might re-order if I heard the problem had been rectified.
If someone gets a case with the better fitting foam, please let us know.

So right now I'm leaning to the case below if I can figure out where to get it here in the states, Amazon has them but for $352 US and that seems a bit high. And they are out of stock.

OK, update on the Nanuk 945 case from OmniView Tech. I just got off the phone with Sharon up there and cancelled my order. She did inform me that the loose foam was something that slipped past their quality control and they are working on rectifying the situation. They are apparently getting some new foam inserts done and new cases will be coming out with those. She wanted to know if I wanted to keep the order in place and I told her no for now, but I might re-order if I heard the problem had been rectified.

So right now I'm leaning to the case below if I can figure out where to get it here in the states, Amazon has them but for $352 US and that seems a bit high. And they are out of stock.

Sharon cancelled my order as well. I think I would rather not deal with OmniTech’s custom solution at this point. The whole point of paying premium prices for a custom solution is to avoid mass produced hassles where corners are cut. These foams are cut to order. It isn’t like they are sitting on an inventory of these things.

iIn any case, my advice would be to give the MC-Cases case another look. The layout is much better.

if you look closely at the B&W case, some QOL issues become apparent:

- with how low and sunk in the drone is, you are only relying on the grip of the foam for it to not rattle around. I spoke to MC Cases folks this morning and they confirm that the aircraft is supported from the top as well when the lid is closed (egg-crate foam on the lid).

- I think I would hate aligning the propellers EACH and EVERY time I put in the aircraft. Small niggle, I know.

- if you put arm braces on, you are effectively losing space for two batteries. That’s a shame.

- I hate that the cables are kept underneath the goggles. What’s the point of that? If I just need to charge the batteries, I don’t want to move the goggles, remove a plate, and then retrieve the cables. That’s just stupid design.

MC-Cases is cheaper, and the layout is much better, at least in my opinion.

Sharon cancelled my order as well. I think I would rather not deal with OmniTech’s custom solution at this point. The whole point of paying premium prices for a custom solution is to avoid mass produced hassles where corners are cut. These foams are cut to order. It isn’t like they are sitting on an inventory of these things.

iIn any case, my advice would be to give the MC-Cases case another look. The layout is much better.

- with how low and sunk in the drone is, you are only relying on the grip of the foam for it to not rattle around. I spoke to MC Cases folks this morning and they confirm that the aircraft is supported from the top as well when the lid is closed (egg-crate foam on the lid).

- I think I would hate aligning the propellers EACH and EVERY time I put in the aircraft. Small niggle, I know.

- if you put arm braces on, you are effectively losing space for two batteries. That’s a shame.

- I hate that the cables are kept underneath the goggles. What’s the point of that? If I just need to charge the batteries, I don’t want to move the goggles, remove a plate, and then retrieve the cables. That’s just stupid design.

I emailed Sharon as well, waiting for a response.

I’m not sold on the MC-Cases option either. I do love the layout and I think they’ve made the best use of space, but I find the free moving props to be of concern. I feel like the upper foam will place unnecessary pressure on the props, but I could be wrong!

Maybe I’ll design my own foam and have Foama cut it for me ?

Not sure I like the MC case as it pushes down on the props, might deform them after a while.

Now if I can figure out how to get the B&W case in orange in the US I'll be good! :p

Reactions: Sayenah
Not sure I like the MC case as it pushes down on the props, might deform them after a while.
So, it doesn’t push down on the props. The egg-crate foam rests on the drone hump-head. There is no pressure on the drone head itself, just a soft support.

Then again I am quoting the folks from MC; he seemed pretty knowledgeable and had a clear idea of clearances involved.

in all honesty, you can’t just have one case for these things. If you are heading to the beach or out in the snow, take the hard case. If you are going for a hike in the woods, take a backpack. Cases which tend to do everything are terrible at specializing utility in a particular direction. They will be big, clunky, and won’t offer much protection.

the ultimate combo is the DJI FPV backpack and a Nanuk 945 hard case.
Mildly disagree...

BPS-5000-front-small_1.pngBPS_5000.jpg

Oh you snoozed, bro... I ordered it for $265 shipped and got it in a couple days. My only complaint is that it's the version without a slot for the Motion Controller. B&W has some cool stuff though for accessories...

Wall Mount-
Back Pack Kit-WM_3000_OC3000Y.pngWM_3000.pngBPS_5000.jpg

Reactions: Sayenah
Imagine putting that on the ground with the shoulders straps picking up dirt and grime, and then putting that back on one’s clothes as you hoist it up as a backpack. Gross.
How is that different from a standard backpack?

Well, other than you can easily remove the B and W kit in the field.... You can leave the straps on your back and release the case from the harness. Heck, you could rinse this case in a stream or with a firehose!

I don't think these straps are removable...
large_d46f60a6-df04-442d-8006-f42cdd98cd59.jpg

Last edited:
Oh it is removable??? Okay now this is very attractive!! Where did you order it for 265???
Amazon... but I'm afraid you guys are out! The price jumped almost $100! Luckily enough a local-ish distributor ordered a few of them after I called everyone in the state and posted them on Amazon and sent me an email. Now you're paying the "import them one at a time" price....

I
I think you can certainly modify the motion controller slot to accommodate for the trigger, no?
I was thinking the same thing. That is a major miscue in my opinion.
Having taken my MC-case out a few times this week I’m pretty happy with it. Holds the full fly more package, extra battery beyond.

These both look like winners

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi