Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

What is the method of soft mounting motors you guys use? Silicone Anti Vibration pads or O-rings or...?

Reactions: Jtrjr
here's what I did with the motors. I'm expecting criticism so bring it please! I have found that this one sided foam (cheap in crafts at wally world in multiple colors) worked well for me in several past instances. In this case it was easier to cut out to shape. I was again concerned about airflow plus accessibility to that motor cap screw. its foamy but will take some compression. Still need Loctite. (I first used and removed 3m double sided tape. It looked like over time it could move into the motors when hot). its not a very stout foam though and may have longevity issues. I've done two motors with Loctite, the last two is where I am in the build. I'm giving it a day and then I'll test a screw to validate my Loctite is holding.
IMG_8925.JPG

Last edited:
I'm sure there are a plethora of solutions. what do y'all use to softmount motors? do you mind a sticky side against the motor? what does heat do to these mounts over time?

Reactions: Jtrjr
thanks all for sharing this build with me. now were waiting on esc covers. i hope they fit the look I'm wanting.
i really just want to start soldering this together sigh, but ill wait.
when the 2" cerb arrives im going to be a bit preoccupied but that package will have the esc covers.
lots to do still

next... you see what my new challenge was... I found those small o rings to "soft mount" the FC in a bag of helicopter mainblade hubs. I got exactly 4 small thinner ones (hornet 2) and four thicker ones (shogun v2) and quit digging.
next great conversation is yalls take on "soft mounting". I haven't locktighted those top stack nuts so this is still all retrofit.

(I also did the motors but we'll come to that)

what do ya'll do in this regard?View attachment 1408

Futura,

Looks like you're getting along pretty good on this build. One thing you could consider is dropping the height of your stack a bit. It looks like you've got quite a bit of room between the PDB and FC. You may be able to get away with a screw/bolt as the standoff and a few o-rings for softmounting and spacing. Doing away with the nylon standoff. I don't know how it all solders up so you may need all of that room for your soldering. RaceFlight makes some "gummies" for softmounting their FC's that have worked really well for me to use to softmount other boards. They can be placed between boards and in some cases can be cut in half to conserve space. Here's a link:

RaceFlight Gummies - RaceFlight Store

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007