Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

its a great kit, i couldn't be more pleased with the quality and service by #theflynoguys. best part is, i spent a bundle and feel like i got my money's worth. how often does that really happen these days?
we need to go to a gp race in Orlando. I'm unsure how to get started but im hopeful
+1000 What impresses me are the little touches like the countersunk holes on the bottom of the frame for the FC and even the tiny slots cut in the TPU hood so that zip ties holding down the vtx and rx are all but hidden.

there are smaller chapters closer.... i counted 4 legit groups inside 50 miles.

im headed to NC early tomorrow for business all next week. the drone kit is going along. hopefully there will be footage and flying. Im meeting my daughter and grand kids at a park at 3pm in western NC. then north and east for the rest of the week starting Tuesday.
1521335622483145234013.jpg
im almost all charged and packed. this should be fun!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
NC was cold but i got a few batteries in over scraggly apple orchards. ive got that vid in the works. flew farther then ever yet... 1/2 mile ? ish.
since I've been home its been fun.. today we went on an excursion and though costly, it was some epic flying. only two batteries in he's killing.. er maybe "killing" it isnt a good term in this case. I've ordered 5 more screens before we got home. ill wait till it doesn't work to take it in for replacement? somehow i gotta get that warranty money back but im afraid of have to wait .. seems these glass screens are... errr lol

Just got an email from Josh at Flyno that the V3 Cerb is shipping today. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight...............

Reactions: Futuramille
considering the micro just got rebuilt...is there any way to reorder the motors without rewiring? i checked the esc signal wiring to the fc and its right... its still running the original fc setup (old bnf job) with the rx in bf. esc1 is correct to esc signal 1 on the fc. ive quadruple checked wiring. i did it right. something in the bf setup is wrong?

considering the micro just got rebuilt...is there any way to reorder the motors without rewiring? i checked the esc signal wiring to the fc and its right... its still running the original fc setup (old bnf job) with the rx in bf. esc1 is correct to esc signal 1 on the fc. ive quadruple checked wiring. i did it right. something in the bf setup is wrong?
Yes, quite easy. Rather that try to explain, just go to youtube and do a search for "Joshua Bardwell motor remapping" You'll learn something today (hahaha see what I did there)

Reactions: Futuramille
***** of a weekend in grocery sales... I've been busy flying this 5". the other two take a second seat but... this last week we flew the back yard again to make sure we "remembered". i still need to finish this 2".
excuses excuses. the 5" is .....

.. is squealing in a motor. i think the front right sucked in some moss hanging from a tree. the motor is squealing under load. its very distracting lol. gotta take the motor apart today.

new gopro session lenses come in today. the additional protective lens covers came yesterday.
Screenshot_20180403-081551.png

lol, after getting a good look at the inside of these motors and redoing the thread lock going back together, it was just a loose prop nut. sigh live n learn
but i did already get two batteries in this morning. charging more now for later.
15227663230791880907897.jpg

updated version...
still working on it.. some color might help the three elements pop maybe?
20180425_185016.jpg

nate leaves for his summer job (white water raft guide in northern Montana) on the 4th. ive got the 2" to finish programming and rebuild the 3" (motors at least) but im saving that fun for later when he's gone. for now were just flying this beastly 5".

1 large please, I qualify to wear this t shirt. Fortunately my neighbor owns a maintenance company and has a cherry picker, he charges me 1 case of beer per rescue.............

so early on page 4 i didn't follow through with nylon through bolts...
Screenshot_20180429-125524.png
we hit something hard yesterday, right on the stack and 3 of four spacers broke.
20180429_115042.jpg im not sure what would have broken if the spacer hadn't. im sure that steel plate corner directly hit the stack. ive got replacements to get it flying till i get nylon through bolts.
here's a couple good hits. its tough but can be tougher. we had,a great day out "sniping" spots.

Reactions: Wayno52
my neighbor actually knew and told me the back story on that unfinished building. its going to be a hanger for ultralight float planes. husband died, no one wants to bu and finish it. my neighbor is a retired airline pilot. i live in float plane central.. usa (Tavares Fla. is close by) but the lakes aren't airports so i can fly thank the gods

ok got it fingered. the stm driver has two steps to install. running the initial exe only unpacked the files to a folder. i had to go run that 86 bit version to actually install the driverView attachment 1613
everything connects now. still working on getting the aux arming channel to work but getting closer.
any pointers on figuring out how they setup the arming switch? i see the aux channel setup on the micro in BF and i see my two additional (fltmd, arm switch) channels configured in the taranis. any tips? maybe resetting min value?.. not sure again lol
well, I've been fighting getting the rx/tx tab to work for the micro rebuild. has anyone had to flash your rx to work with BF 10.2.x? its the last untried move. the FC is fine in BF just not showing the reciever tab input

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232