Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

digital or analog for beginner

jdsnshville

Reaction score
Hi, after flying camera drones I've decided that I'd really like to get into fpv. I'm not sure on which way to get started tho. Since I will be starting with nothing should I go digital or analog. My two choices are:
1) buy an analog starter kit. I've been looking at the Eachine novice IV kit with TX 12 transmitter. I've read this is a good starting point and that it gets good flight time.

Or

2) buy a dji fpv combo (drone, goggles v2 and controller 2). I know the dji fpv isn't exactly an fpv in the sense the novice IV is. I like the added features such as emergency brake and other aids to help beginners. Rth, etc..
I'm thinking if I buy this then when I decide to buy another drone as long as I run the dji air unit then I could use my goggles v2. But not sure if I can use the same transmitter or if I'd need to buy another one.

Either way I go, I first plan on spending a good amount of time on a simulator as I've read this is the best and cheapest way to learn. O really like the digital systems and clarity of video the digital provides. Plus the distances the dji can do out of the box. However i feel id be willing to attempt more things flying the novice IV or something similar than i would with the dji simply because of how much the dji is and cost to repair it. I know there are other digital systems out there but not any with the flying aids that rhe dji provide. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The old Air unit won't work with the controller V2 but the new O3 air unit does.

EDIT: it now does with the latest firmware but that also makes it not work with older goggles anymore...

Last edited:
Hi, after flying camera drones I've decided that I'd really like to get into fpv. I'm not sure on which way to get started tho. Since I will be starting with nothing should I go digital or analog. My two choices are:
1) buy an analog starter kit. I've been looking at the Eachine novice IV kit with TX 12 transmitter. I've read this is a good starting point and that it gets good flight time.

Or

2) buy a dji fpv combo (drone, goggles v2 and controller 2). I know the dji fpv isn't exactly an fpv in the sense the novice IV is. I like the added features such as emergency brake and other aids to help beginners. Rth, etc..
I'm thinking if I buy this then when I decide to buy another drone as long as I run the dji air unit then I could use my goggles v2. But not sure if I can use the same transmitter or if I'd need to buy another one.

Either way I go, I first plan on spending a good amount of time on a simulator as I've read this is the best and cheapest way to learn. O really like the digital systems and clarity of video the digital provides. Plus the distances the dji can do out of the box. However i feel id be willing to attempt more things flying the novice IV or something similar than i would with the dji simply because of how much the dji is and cost to repair it. I know there are other digital systems out there but not any with the flying aids that rhe dji provide. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax