Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI-FPV flew away beacause of a flow-meter in the river.

robbieRocker

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I was shocked to see that my DJI FPV was affected by the river flow-meter device ( I do not know the brand and the model at the moment ) and the drone lost the control .. flew backwards ... towards the river flow.

I checked the flight data on airdata.com and everythig seems normal at the log files. What I have noticed is the 'ultrasound' altitude was fixed at 6 metres for some seconds ... although the other altitude value increased or decreased.

What do you think ? What might be cause ? The EM application on android showed 60 micro Tesla over there. I don't knw what else I can do there. I could hardly save the drone by fflying up but then it hit the branches of a tree.

I appreciate your advise

FIRAT

You took off without having a GPS lock hence the drift. VPS can't work on water. Nothing to do with that thing.

Last edited:
You took off without having a GPS lock hence the drift. VPS can't work on water. Nothing to do with that thing.
I don't think so. I have flown over water many times at different places. My guess is that the flow-meter device affected the drone. Such a strange move happened nowhere. The gps was between 9 and 13. First I flew on the land side. Then moved to the water.

The gps was between 9 and 13.
You can have many sats without a good lock.

The log doesn't lie, it warns about no GPS lock and only gets it at 18secs, which is exactly when the video shows you got your weird movement as it kicked in. You always want to wait for the "home point updated" message / LED blink before taking off.

You can have many sats without a good lock.

The log doesn't lie, it warns about no GPS lock and only gets it at 18secs, which is exactly when the video shows you got your weird movement as it kicked in. You always want to wait for the "home point updated" message / LED blink before taking off.
I had this incident 2 times there. I wanted to try it again. Even when the GPS and home update is on and everything seems to be ready the drone does the same thing. This weekend I will go there again to check. In this incident I flew up and saved the drone. When I came down to the same coordinate it lost the control again. Ultrasound and EM affect might be one of th reasons. We will see. I will try again with different settings. I will try with mavic 2 pro as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18