Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine Tyro99 with Spektrum dx8. Yes or no

Mcnultyp

Reaction score
Can I use my Spektrum dx8 to fly my eachine tyro99?? Basically I'm looking for a yes or no answer first.
I have spent hours trying to figure out and researching if possible. I have it now 2 years without a single flight.
I mainly use my dx8 for airplanes.
Can I use an orange receiver on the tyro 99?
Id love some one to help me
Thanks in advance.

Short answer is yes. Do you know what receiver is currently installed in the Tyro 99? Did you build it yoursef or was it a BNF? You obvious would need a spectrum compatible receiver like the DSMX / DSM2 type receiver installed in the quad for compatibility with the spectrum radio. You would need something like the XR602T-D or DSMX nano that outputs SBUS protocol. The orange receivers have servo outputs and aren't appropriate for a FPV receiver. The FPV style receiver only needs to receive the transmitter signal and convert it to a serial data stream to feed into the flight controller. Since you're not driving servos, the receivers are also much smaller.

Screenshot_2021-02-10 C$36 18 XR602T D Spektrum DSMX DSM2 receiver on drones quad copters supe...pngScreenshot_2021-02-10 b0548156-b52c-4086-bbec-839147cd4bb3 jpg webp (WEBP Image, 1000 × 1000 p...png

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Short answer is yes. Do you know what receiver is currently installed in the Tyro 99? Did you build it yoursef or was it a BNF? You obvious would need a spectrum compatible receiver like the DSMX / DSM2 type receiver installed in the quad for compatibility with the spectrum radio. You would need something like the XR602T or DSMX nano that outputs SBUS protocol. The orange receivers have servo outputs and aren't appropriate for a FPV receiver. The FPV style receiver only needs to receive the transmitter signal and convert it to a serial data stream to feed into the flight controller. Since you're not driving servos, the receivers are also much smaller.

View attachment 4851View attachment 4852
Thank you very much for the reply. Yes I built it myself and I used an orange r620x. I soildered live, signal and neutral wires to the flight controller which plugged into a port on the receiver. However I will purchase a micro quad receiver. The one u suggest "XR602T" is not not only for frsky. Wil lthat work with my Spektrum dx8?

Thank you very much for the reply. Yes I built it myself and I used an orange r620x. I soildered live, signal and neutral wires to the flight controller which plugged into a port on the receiver. However I will purchase a micro quad receiver. The one u suggest "XR602T" is not not only for frsky. Wil lthat work with my Spektrum dx8?
If forgot the most important part of the receiver model number (the -D). The XR602T-D is a spectrum receiver. There are tons more. I just wanted to show you a couple examples. Look up FPV spectrum receiver and you will find a long list f compatible receivers. The R620X does support SBUS so it would work for a quad copter, albeit maybe not ideal due to it's size and extra weight. The RX620 outputs SBUS on the bind port in normal operation and can be wired to your flight controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
If forgot the most important part of the receiver model number (the -D). The XR602T-D is a spectrum receiver. There are tons more. I just wanted to show you a couple examples. Look up FPV spectrum receiver and you will find a long list f compatible receivers. The R620X does support SBUS so it would work for a quad copter, albeit maybe not ideal due to it's size and extra weight. The RX620 outputs SBUS on the bind port in normal operation and can be wired to your flight controller.
Thanks for the reply but just looking back at this. So lets say I go for the XR602T-D, how is this wired up to my controller. OK black is ground, red is 5 volt, but where do my other two cables connect to from receiver to tyro 99 flight controller. I only have PPM and SBUS soilder pads left on the flight controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax