Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

EV800D screen glitch

yamax87

Reaction score
My EV800D goggles have been acting up recently. Every time signal drops (eg when flying behind a tree/concrete wall), I get a horrible break in feed for about a second or two. The screen goes black except for a black/white distorted horizontal band of video feed in the middle of the screen. I don't think it's a diversity issue because this occurs even when a single channel is selected/diversity is disabled. I really want to hold onto these goggles as they are otherwise fine. I know it's a goggle issue because the other guys flying with me had no such signal break with their goggles when watching my quad. Also, I re-did the route using the same quad and some dominator 2's, without this issue.

Has any ev800d owner had anything similar happen? Can it be resolved somehow?

My EV800D goggles have been acting up recently. Every time signal drops (eg when flying behind a tree/concrete wall), I get a horrible break in feed for about a second or two. The screen goes black except for a black/white distorted horizontal band of video feed in the middle of the screen. I don't think it's a diversity issue because this occurs even when a single channel is selected/diversity is disabled. I really want to hold onto these goggles as they are otherwise fine. I know it's a goggle issue because the other guys flying with me had no such signal break with their goggles when watching my quad. Also, I re-did the route using the same quad and some dominator 2's, without this issue.

Has any ev800d owner had anything similar happen? Can it be resolved somehow?
Did you try using different antennas on your goggles?

@1ikhan thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have tried all kinds of antennas and found the same issue. Eg: TBS pagoda, TBS menace 6.5db patch, a trueRC x2-air, even a couple of 11dbi helical antennas I had lying around. The same issue always shows. So I don't think that the antenna is the cause.

Reactions: 1ikhan
Something perhaps to add: I recently started using 3S lipo batteries with the headset. I plan to try 2S lipo today to see if that fixes the issue.

@1ikhan thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have tried all kinds of antennas and found the same issue. Eg: TBS pagoda, TBS menace 6.5db patch, a trueRC x2-air, even a couple of 11dbi helical antennas I had lying around. The same issue always shows. So I don't think that the antenna is the cause.
I'm out of ideas then, sorry :(

It is the "diversity". Even when you don't have an antenna on the other side it still checks that input, and that's what you're seeing I'd bet. Mine did it too, they don't have true diversity.

I think that's why people like Rapidfire so much. All goggles will lose video obviously, but it's how they lose it that matters. The EVs have a long blink between antennas and video drops off faster. Expensive modules actually mix the signals and give you a more "analog" breakup, as opposed to just loosing the video all at once.

The EV's are a pretty good goggle overall, the Bando scene is one spot where they fall short

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax