Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV Beginner - Binding Issue with Taranis X9D Plus SE 2019 and Tinyhawk 2

SinCity702

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm Aaron. I'm new to the FPV world here in Henderson/Las Vegas. I've been flying DJI drones for about 5 years (Mavic, Air, Phantom series). I invested in a good amount of FPV equipment - Taranis X9D Plus SE 2019 with Crossfire Micro (starter kit), Fatshark HDO2 Goggles with RapidFire receiver, Lumineer AXII antennas (omni and patch), EMAX Tinyhawk 2 (white frame/prop guarded), 6x - 2S batteries, Nazgul5 HD with 3 extra 6S batteries, HOTA D6 Pro battery charger, extra sets of props, GoPro Hero 8 mount.

I'm having an issue getting the Tinyhawk 2 bound with the Taranis X9D transmitter. I've watched just about every YouTube video on this topic and I still cannot get the TH2 to bind. I've created a new model, set the internal RF to ACCST D16, channel 1-8. On BetaFlight, I have my receiver mode set to "SPI RX Support" and the SPI Bus Receiver Provider set to "FRSKY_X." Channel Map set to "AETR1234." RSSI Channel "Disabled." When I put the TH2 into bind mode (bind_rx) I get a blinking purple and blue light on the TH2. I've then gone into the Taranis model "TH2" and pressed the "bind" button. I get the chirping noise so I leave it for a few chirps then type "save" and exit out of both BetaFlight and the Taranis. I've also set the channels to arm with the correct SA switch. I still no communication with the the TH2 and the Taranis.

Please, if anyone can help - I'd greatly appreciate it!

I've been watching a lot of Joshua Bardwell's YouTube videos and a few others that have posted the same issue but nothing seems to work.

Have you tried putting the trannis in bind mode first?
What does the tiny hawk have for a receiver?
I recently did a build using a FRSky XM+ receiver. I had to flash the XM+ back to the legacy firmware as the firmware it comes with now is not compatible with my Older Trannis X9D Plus with ACCST.

Hi Everyone!

I'm Aaron. I'm new to the FPV world here in Henderson/Las Vegas. I've been flying DJI drones for about 5 years (Mavic, Air, Phantom series). I invested in a good amount of FPV equipment - Taranis X9D Plus SE 2019 with Crossfire Micro (starter kit), Fatshark HDO2 Goggles with RapidFire receiver, Lumineer AXII antennas (omni and patch), EMAX Tinyhawk 2 (white frame/prop guarded), 6x - 2S batteries, Nazgul5 HD with 3 extra 6S batteries, HOTA D6 Pro battery charger, extra sets of props, GoPro Hero 8 mount.

I'm having an issue getting the Tinyhawk 2 bound with the Taranis X9D transmitter. I've watched just about every YouTube video on this topic and I still cannot get the TH2 to bind. I've created a new model, set the internal RF to ACCST D16, channel 1-8. On BetaFlight, I have my receiver mode set to "SPI RX Support" and the SPI Bus Receiver Provider set to "FRSKY_X." Channel Map set to "AETR1234." RSSI Channel "Disabled." When I put the TH2 into bind mode (bind_rx) I get a blinking purple and blue light on the TH2. I've then gone into the Taranis model "TH2" and pressed the "bind" button. I get the chirping noise so I leave it for a few chirps then type "save" and exit out of both BetaFlight and the Taranis. I've also set the channels to arm with the correct SA switch. I still no communication with the the TH2 and the Taranis.

I've been watching a lot of Joshua Bardwell's YouTube videos and a few others that have posted the same issue but nothing seems to work.
Have you tried using D8 mode? You would have to change the Receiver to "FrSky_D". That is how mine is setup on my QX7.

Reactions: Dan
Search this thread. You have to switch something in open tx to get the D8 mode. I forget exactly how I did it but here it is, this should work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-004416.png
    Screenshot_20210809-004416.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 4
Have you tried putting the trannis in bind mode first?
What does the tiny hawk have for a receiver?
I recently did a build using a FRSky XM+ receiver. I had to flash the XM+ back to the legacy firmware as the firmware it comes with now is not compatible with my Older Trannis X9D Plus with ACCST.

Yes, I tried both ways on putting the Taranis in bind mode first as well as the TinyHawk2 in bind within BetaFlight - neither worked
I did not have an external RF on the Taranis but I now have the XJT and Crossfire. I will be trying the XJT today (fingers crossed)
Thank you for the input! I'll keep you updated!!

Reactions: Terry 63
Have you tried using D8 mode? You would have to change the Receiver to "FrSky_D". That is how mine is setup on my QX7.

Since I didn't have a external RF, the ACCESS mode on the Taranis would not allow for the D8 mode. I just received my XJT external RF so I'm going to give that a try and will keep everyone updated! Thank you for your input!

Hi Everyone!

Super easy, go to the CLI tab in BetaFlight, type in bind_rx it should read “binding” then bind your TX as usual.

that should work with almost any SPI receiver which the TH2 and 3 have.

O.K. depending on which BetaFlight firmware you are running, there are 3 binding messages that can be used in the CLI tab. One of these will work, they are: frsky_bind(for B.F. 3.5.7), bind_rx_spi(for B.F. 4.0.X), and bind_rx(for B.F. 4.1.X and 4.2.X). One of those will work with a SPI receiver, don’t forget to put your radio in BIND mode too. I hope this helps, I’ve used one of these and all my SPI receivers did bind with no issues.

O.K. depending on which BetaFlight firmware you are running, there are 3 binding messages that can be used in the CLI tab. One of these will work, they are: frsky_bind(for B.F. 3.5.7), bind_rx_spi(for B.F. 4.0.X), and bind_rx(for B.F. 4.1.X and 4.2.X). One of those will work with a SPI receiver, don’t forget to put your radio in BIND mode too. I hope this helps, I’ve used one of these and all my SPI receivers did bind with no issues.
so only Bind_RF works for me, i put the radio in bind mode. I am reading that I need to have D8 mode which this radio does not offer. I am looking into downgrading the firmware.

yea, don’t be surprised if your quad doesn’t fly well in D16 mode, those mini quads including the TH2 and TH3 work best inD8, just to let you know, if you can get yourself a radio with D8 capability.

If it has open source included in the module then it should work, but I’m not absolutely sure. Sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax