Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV flight Arapahoe Basin Colorado

RandallEdick

Reaction score
Flying a DJI FPV (4k) I wear a hood because in the past the sun coming in the edges of the goggles fried a few pixels. . I think I was near the ceiling for it, (around 14,200 ft 9 deg F) because it got slow in the climb, and wobbly, like it wanted to stall, (might also be wind, but calm below). Suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Flying Loveland Pass is always sketchy due to altitude (I live in Denver, and am from Summit County). Odds are the MSL was partially responsible for the erratic behavior. Wind may contribute much of the rest.
I had a blackout while flying there yesterday. Screen went black, drone flew itself home, (thanks DJI) but it was no fun at all. DJI asked about interference, I know there's a rely station at Arapahoe Basin 2-3 miles away,

Very clearly the wind, can instantly see how tilted you have to be to fly straight.

The FPV is lovely for such environments. It's however easy to get caught just behind a ridge or bump in the terrain and result in instant communication loss. The obstacle avoidance in RTH saved me a couple of times.

Very clearly the wind, can instantly see how tilted you have to be to fly straight.

The FPV is lovely for such environments. It's however easy to get caught just behind a ridge or bump in the terrain and result in instant communication loss. The obstacle avoidance in RTH saved me a couple of times.
I'll try to reporduce it, before I send it in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas