Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Frsky XM+ Binding Issue

Meph88

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the FPV hobby and so far loving it but I am in it alone so far, no friends that are doing it, nobody more knowledgeable to help out.
I've figured out a lot so far and I've been having a great time, but I just hit an issue I can't get past and I need some help please.

Today I received a new drone, the FlywooHex Nano Hexacopter, I chose theanalog version with the Frsky XM+ receiver.
I was excited to set it up and go fly.
Well, half a day later I'm no closer to flying this.

I have the Jumper T-Lite as my controller.
I have tried everything I can think of to get my controller and my receiver to bind but I can't get it to work.
I have upgraded my controller to the latest version of OpenTX.
I have flashed the receiver to the latest version from the Frsky website.
I have watched and read everything I can find regarding this, Seems I am not alone with this problem but I can not find a solution.

Here's what I experience:
- Press button on Frsky XM+ receiver then while holding give power to the drone, this results in a solid green and a solid red light at the same time
- On my controller in a new model I choose FrSkyX2 and then select Bind (this gives 4 options, Telemetry On or OFF for Channels 1-8 or 9-16, I have tried with each option without success)
- The controller chirps a few times to show it is attempting to bind and after about 4 chirps it stops trying
- The receiver doesn't change, it continues to show the red and green light at the same time

If anyone can assist an amateur on this one it would be really hugely massively appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

There are compatibility issues with new firmware versions on the XM+ receivers you may be running into with an older multi-module firmware. I sent you a PM requesting further details.

You might need FrskyX and not X2 if the receiver still has v1 firmware.

Reactions: mrmund
You might need FrskyX and not X2 if the receiver still has v1 firmware.
I tried that just to be thorough but it didn't work. Also, I flashed the receiver to the latest firmware so I'm pretty sure I should use X2.
But I really appreciate the answer, thank you!

The XM+ tends to crap itself on V2 firmware so would probably recommend flashing it to v1 and using FrSkyX.

Reactions: mrmund
The XM+ tends to crap itself on V2 firmware so would probably recommend flashing it to v1 and using FrSkyX.
Haha, software "updates" huh?
Thanks for that tip, that might be worth considering.
So I would get the V1 firmware and flash that to the receiver, would I also need to downgrade my controller at all?

So I tried downgrading my receiver to V1 firmware, 170313 is the V1 firmware available on the FrSky website so I used that.
I continue to have the exact same issue, no change.
Anything else I can try?

What firmware do you have on the multiprotocol module? Tried updating it?

I went thru this 2 weeks ago... Betafpv Beta95x v3 with an XM+ Receiver and Jumper T-lite Radio...

I had to downgrade the firmware on the XM+ receiver to "legacy"...
The ACCESS/ACCST(?) from Frsky is incompatible with the D8/D16 on the OpenTX radio...

I had almost the same exact issue with a Taranis X9D+ SE and the Flywoo Firefly Nano Hexcopter HD DJI version equipped with the XM+ receiver.

Eventually after almost 3 weeks I gave up and bought a TX16s Master Fire Combo with the TBS Crossfire Micro Receivers and had a buddy switch it out for me. Works like a charm now

What a headache.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax