Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Good plastic cover for laforge/dominator v3s...

baevans11

Reaction score
I bought the package from heli-nation that contains the fatshark dominator v3 goggles, laforge module and diversity with the plastic molded bay covers. Well it has never fit well. It doesn't even snap the laforge into place so now's it's just coming out on it's own. I lost video several times today while flying which was not cool. Once I pushed on it the video came back but would just come loose again even with no real movement. Does anyone know of some covers that actually work?

I don't use fatsharks but maybe its something you could have printed? Green will know....

I don't use fatsharks but maybe its something you could have printed? Green will know....
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I'm just trying to find one that works well by snapping into place cause these from heli-nation are awful. I've never liked them but they worked for the month and a half I've had them but now I keep losing video because they're coming lose. Hopefully somebody will chime in. Thx.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I'm just trying to find one that works well by snapping into place cause these from heli-nation are awful. I've never liked them but they worked for the month and a half I've had them but now I keep losing video because they're coming lose. Hopefully somebody will chime in. Thx.
Green will, he loves his printer...lol

Well I thought my problem was the module coming loose but video just went out and I was pressing it in. Well I just changed antennas on my hv tramp and I didn't have silicone so I tried hot glue on the connector for extra security but it melted off. That's when I noticed my vtx was getting so hot it would almost burn your finger if you touched it. Could the hot glue have messed it up? I cleaned it all off for the most part all but a little residue. The only other thing I changed was adding a rubber o ring to each side of the antenna mount on the frame as Armatton suggested to help keep it from coming loose. Could that be a problem? EDIT: I just tried taking the antenna off the vtx and the little pin came off the board. Is there a way to fix this such as soldering the antenna straight to the board? The box has four little pads where the little pin was.

Attachments

• 1508071493882694940909.jpg
    1508071493882694940909.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 15080715156431505797600.jpg
    15080715156431505797600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Update: I cut the connector off the antenna and pulled the searching back and split it in half and soldered those to the outside pads. I soldered the main wire in the center and it works for now. They are very tiny little pads and the glue stuff that was under the connector is like inside the board so it kept melting which made soldering very difficult. Hopefully it'll hold up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam