Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

IronFlier

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to FPV flying and currently learning to fly on a Sim (I do have experience with LOS flying). I'm also in the process of buying the parts to make a freestyle drone of my own. But I need some help with choosing my parts. I have a chassis which I already purchased and plan to use for it. I also found a flight controller and ESC I would like to use. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to pick motors though. I do have experience with electronics and a lot of experience with soldering so that wont be a problem I'm just having trouble with part compatibility. I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube but none of them really seem to explain the parts and how they all work together on the more technical levels. I'm also interested in any other parts besides what I have here. So please feel free to suggest better ones! I have a link to the chassis I purchased down below as well as the ones I am looking into buying next.

Chassis
20x20 stack
ESC x4

Any help is greatly appreciated! And if you happen to be from the South California to Southern Oregon region I would love to ask some questions about where it's ok to fly legally and safely.

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to FPV flying and currently learning to fly on a Sim (I do have experience with LOS flying). I'm also in the process of buying the parts to make a freestyle drone of my own. But I need some help with choosing my parts. I have a chassis which I already purchased and plan to use for it. I also found a flight controller and ESC I would like to use. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to pick motors though. I do have experience with electronics and a lot of experience with soldering so that wont be a problem I'm just having trouble with part compatibility. I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube but none of them really seem to explain the parts and how they all work together on the more technical levels. I'm also interested in any other parts besides what I have here. So please feel free to suggest better ones! I have a link to the chassis I purchased down below as well as the ones I am looking into buying next.

Chassis
20x20 stack
ESC x4

Any help is greatly appreciated! And if you happen to be from the South California to Southern Oregon region I would love to ask some questions about where it's ok to fly legally and safely.
Hey iron, any particular first and foremost, what size kwad(drone) do you want to build?
Feel free to join a couple of pilots and I on discord also. I have a pretty active channel. Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Not if you get that stack, it already has 30a blheli 32 (really good). You can pretty much run any motor with any prop, may I suggest racerstar 2400kv, smooth and durable, plus they come in green lol

Great! Thank you very much! I wasnt 100% sure on that but though it might be the case so thank you for letting me know! I'm also in the process of looking at transmitters and receivers. I currently have an FrSky controllers so that would mean I need a FrSky receiver correct? Im currently looking at this reciever and this transmitter. Sorry for all the questions I'm making sure I buy parts that will work together.

Here's a link to a Cerb V3 I did, it'll give you an idea of parts list
Flynoceros Cerberus V3

The R-XSR receiver you linked to is compatible with your QX7 transmitter so the module is not necessary

Reactions: Futuramille
The stack is what I have shifted to from ESC on each arm....I like it. Lighter and really makes for a compact clean drone. However, I did have a time that one of the ESCs on the stack had issues. Instead of needing to buy a 9 dollar ESC, had to buy a new 60 dollar stack. This only happened once, Im still happy with the durability/reliability of the stack. Just be careful when wiring it up. Make sure you got it right before battery'ing it up. Nothing worse than smoking a new stack. Thats gonna be a nice drone......good luck and happy flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax