Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

High throttle whine.

ReapsZ

Reaction score
so my quad flies fine but it makes this wierd whineing noise when i give it alot of throttle... i tought it was a demaged motor but i replaced it + the props and the sound is still there. i did not have the sound before i chrashed lightly.

Omnibus F4
Gemfan 5152 Tri-Blade
Brotherhobby returner R4
Airbot 4in1 30a ESC
QAV-R 220mm frame
Connex Prosight

Last edited:
Did you replace all of the motors?
The shock from the crash could have caused issues with one of the other motors bearings.

Reactions: ReapsZ
The shock from the crash could have caused issues with one of the other motors bearings.

that sounds quite likely, il spinn the motor to se if i can hear a difference in them.

that sounds quite likely, il spinn the motor to se if i can hear a difference in them.

So far i did find another motor makeing a different sound than the others. i tried to take it apart to change the bearings but it is really hard to take apart the BrotherHobby R4...the bell screw is soft as butter... will try to replace bearings or just order a new motor.

So far i did find another motor makeing a different sound than the others. i tried to take it apart to change the bearings but it is really hard to take apart the BrotherHobby R4...the bell screw is soft as butter... will try to replace bearings or just order a new motor.
Is the frame cracked?

If none of the motors are loose and the props aren't bent, it could be a PID tuning issue. If the oscillation is super fast, try lowering your D terms. If it is not super fast, your P terms could be too high. Check out Joshua Bardwell's videos on PID tuning to hear what excess P and D sound like.

Ok so i think one of the motors had a bad bearing. changed that one too and they all sound nice now. but now it sound like the quad just hates my props (racekraft 5051) maybe the quad is to heavy for the props? there is this wierd high pitched screech when i punch the throttle.

Ok so i think one of the motors had a bad bearing. changed that one too and they all sound nice now. but now it sound like the quad just hates my props (racekraft 5051) maybe the quad is to heavy for the props? there is this wierd high pitched screech when i punch the throttle.
51 pitch is tough on some motors, if they get so hot you cant touch them, i'd use a prop with less bite

i suspect it is a frame issue after a hard crash. replaced everything and still the same. cant find any demage tho. it flies great so guess il just keep flying, and eventually replace the frame.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
i suspect it is a frame issue after a hard crash. replaced everything and still the same. cant find any demage tho. it flies great so guess il just keep flying, and eventually replace the frame.
If it aint broke, don't fix it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax