Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I mixed up my DJI FPV V1 and V2 goggle antennas! How can I tell them apart?

The TrueRc and Luminiere antennas are tuned better and will be more efficient for that reason, but they are also circular polarized where as current information seems to indicate the drones antennas and v2 goggle antennas are not. Therefore the benefits of circular polarized antennas for mutli-pathing, reflectivty, and obstructions will not be as prominent with the new drone.
Are you saying the TrueRC antennas will likely not be beneficial for DJI FPV drone owners unless the drone antennas are also upgraded?

Are you saying the TrueRC antennas will likely not be beneficial for DJI FPV drone owners unless the drone antennas are also upgraded?
There are still benefits because these new antennas are much better tuned and more efficient, but without the drone also having CP antennas the benefits for better signal separation in multi-path environments or better penetration through foliage etc. will be less obvious as the drone is transmitting with LP antennas.

Last edited:
Reactions: aSae
I will make it a point to get out this week and get real-world results with both stock and TrueRc antennas.

Reactions: aSae and msinger
I'm curious other these alternate antennae produce more shaped signals such that you need to be pointing "at" your drone for best results, or if they are similarly omnidirectional like the stock antennae, just more effective.

I did get out last weekend and did some testing with the TrueRC Dualily stubbies. I had limited range capabilities due to the cold waether and strong winds but managed to go out to 5.1km LOS form an elevated position at the top of a hill. Due to the conditions, my battery dropped pretty quick which meant I could not go any further and the RTH kicked in. I did the same test twice with the TrueRC and also the stock antennas. I also did some testing in a high multi-path environment in an office building complex. In both cases both sets of antennas performed very well, but the TrueRc had a stronger more reliable signal in both scenarios. It wasn't a huge difference but it was noticeable and video quality dropped several times to 7-8Mbps on the stockers, but never dropped below 16Mbps on the TrueRc. These aren't designed for long range so I wouldn't recommend them for that. I tried the same range test from a position at the bottom of a hill and my video suffered at 2.8kms and dropped to 10Mbps on the stock antennas before I gained altitude to recover. The Dualities went an extra 400m before experiencing a similar drop.

All in all the TrueRc are definitely better but not by a massive margin and they are pretty expensive. For myself, I really like the fact I don't have to remove my antennas when stowing the goggles in my bag which is worth something in my book, but other may not care about that. If you're looking for maximum efficiency from your antennas, I'd recommend these without hesitation, but most people will be happy with what the stock antennas offer.

.... What I can tell you is that they work really great in and around buildings are way easier to pack with the stubbies. I've been running the 5.8 GHz stubbies on my v1's since they were available with great results. So I expect no less from these as well.
Just found this, your note of the stubbies improving around buildings & foliage is great to hear. That was main reason to order them, good to see you're confirming.

The stubbies are designed for distance. Have you experimented with the new ones recently released that are more for distance. Possibly mixed them 2 x 2 for better overall of both scenarios.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone