Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Question about TrueRC duality LHCP performance with DJI FPV drone which has linear polarised antennas.

Przemo-c

Reaction score
I was thinking about upgrading stock antennas mainly for performance, less so for portability but that would be a nice bonus.
So i have a question regarding polarity mismatch between drone and TrueRC duality antennas. On paper from the get go you loose 50% of the signal due to mismatch between circular polarised and linear polarised.

So my question is. Are they actually better? I mean they would perform better on diy quads but then singularity would be better.

It's not a small expense. And I'm happy with dji's v2 stock antennas for range... but penetration-wise I'd love an upgrade on that front. I'm sure there's a bit more on consistency front due to drone orientation not having as much impact on signal reeceptioon.

So are TrueRC duality stubby an upgrade in terms of performance?

I’m not sure. I will have to do a test. … I will say that they have higher gain and are in a smaller form factor.

I’m not sure. I will have to do a test. … I will say that they have higher gain and are in a smaller form factor.
There's no denying the form factor but I'm wondering if the gain offsets polarization mismatch.

In my experience no, got some and it was worse all around for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone