Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Matek F722 setup with Holybro Tekko32 ESCs

febeks

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am building my drone from scratch and I am worried I just burned my ESCs.

I am using FC Matek F722 (Flight Controller F722-STD, Standard – Matek Systems) along with Matek FCHUB-6S PDB. As you can see on the picture linked on matek website, thats how I have connected my ESCs (4X Holybro Tekko32 35A BLHeli_32 ESC Dshot1200 2-6S Build In Current Sensor For RC Drone FPV Racing).

Since on the picture, grey/white wire from ESC goes to S1/S2/S3/S4 on PDB also with + - wires which are connected to PDB, I have connected PDB with FC using that ribbon cable for connecting PDB with FC.

Then I connected ESC TX wire to RX on FC: ESC1 TX --> RX1 on FC, ESC2 TX --> RX2, etc..
And also GND from each ESC to free GND pads on FC.

I have connected FC to computer by USB cable and went to BLheli configurator. Since I needed to flash ESCs, I had to plug in the battery, so I did. And FC beeps went on and LEDs on ESCs flashed for a second but I could smell that smoke, I also saw some smoke from FC eeprom. I disconnected battery right away, it was plugged in very short, maybe like 1 second. FC powers on normally. Don't know how to test ESCs now.

What can be wrong in the wiring?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazdaman