Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Micro mid-range build help

NathanJ529

Reaction score
I've been looking into building a mid-range quad that gets around 8 - 10 minutes of flight with mostly cruising and maybe some smooth acro flying.
I like quads like the explorer lr 4 inch, but there's a lot on it that I don't care for, like the deadcat frame, gps, or HD fpv. I don't mind analog at all and I don't care to throw a gopro on it.

The frame I have in mind is the Micro Apex 4 inch, although I might go with the 3 inch because I already have a 5 inch freestyle build, so if I wanna do a lot of freestlye I'd just use that.

What I'm really not sure about is what motors, kV and ESC I should use. I'd preferably be flying on 4s 850 maH packs, but I want to have at least some ability to punch out if I need to.
I'm looking at some superman 1905 2400 kV motors and an ESC rated for 40a, and probably bi-blade props.

Would that get me that longer flight time I'm going for with some ability to do smooth acro?

For reference, I've got a mockup: Micro Apex 4" Mid-range

Last edited:
Tmotor 2004 3000kv. And the Hobbywing G3 45a 20x20 is going to be crash and future proof. The Hobbywing stack has Blheli32, Dshot1200, soft mounting etc. Instead of the Hobbywing stack you can save weight and space by using the clracing f7 aio 35a if thats a priority. I will leave it to you to decide if you want to get it for 1/2 price on Aliexpress or get it from a known fpv shop.

Last edited:
I've got the G3 stack in my freestyle quad and it's held up very well, I'll most likely stick with that.
What would the difference in flight characteristics be between the 2004 motors and 1404 motors at the same kv?

A bigger stator size isn't less efficient and will just spin the propellers easier and probably be more robust. No reason not to. It's a bit long but check Joshua Bardwells video "Do you need a huge motor for freestyle?" for more details.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax