Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need help with first drone setup

old_blueyes

Reaction score
I am setting up my first quadcopter racing drone from kit my son bought me. I think it is the ZMR250 setup, but do not know for a fact as my son lives in Schinzen, China and just went down to his local electronics shop and purchased everything off the shelf. Quite cheap for him.
I have been doing r/c airplanes for a long time and this drone stuff is new to me.
The problem I am having is after I have all the motors, ESCs, the radio, and cc3d flight controller al connected and I am programming the controller, that is connected to my laptop, and it tells me to connect the battery and listen for the beeps from the ESCs.
It doesnt get that far, the battery connection gets super hot as if it is directly shorted so I immediatley disconnect it.
At first I thought the 10amp ESCs my son bought for this kit maybe the issus as they did not have the BEC in them. I replaced them all 4 with 12 amp BEC ESCs unsoldering them all from the power distribution board and starting over from scratch as if I was starting a totally new setup.
When done I did the same thing, plugged in the laptop to the cc3d flight controller and follow the instructions by first clearing the programming and starting over and get to the point where I plug the battery in an samething connection over heats in a slpit second and I disconnect, no beeps. I have double and triple checked that all the connections are the right polartity and no solder points over lap. But I am pretty well on my own at this tie as i just moved to a new area and do not yet know anyone that is doing drones.

Anyone come across this before? any idea what might be happening??

I am setting up my first quadcopter racing drone from kit my son bought me. I think it is the ZMR250 setup, but do not know for a fact as my son lives in Schinzen, China and just went down to his local electronics shop and purchased everything off the shelf. Quite cheap for him.
I have been doing r/c airplanes for a long time and this drone stuff is new to me.
The problem I am having is after I have all the motors, ESCs, the radio, and cc3d flight controller al connected and I am programming the controller, that is connected to my laptop, and it tells me to connect the battery and listen for the beeps from the ESCs.
It doesnt get that far, the battery connection gets super hot as if it is directly shorted so I immediatley disconnect it.
At first I thought the 10amp ESCs my son bought for this kit maybe the issus as they did not have the BEC in them. I replaced them all 4 with 12 amp BEC ESCs unsoldering them all from the power distribution board and starting over from scratch as if I was starting a totally new setup.
When done I did the same thing, plugged in the laptop to the cc3d flight controller and follow the instructions by first clearing the programming and starting over and get to the point where I plug the battery in an samething connection over heats in a slpit second and I disconnect, no beeps. I have double and triple checked that all the connections are the right polartity and no solder points over lap. But I am pretty well on my own at this tie as i just moved to a new area and do not yet know anyone that is doing drones.

Anyone come across this before? any idea what might be happening??

Hi,

Unfortunately, I suspect that the PDB could be bad. It is a pain to swap out, but I can't think what else would cause this.

Reactions: TraumaChaser

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax