Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New Firmware update!

I haven't needed to, but I'm not in the US so might not be required even if everything is up to date...

Yeah I need a USA answer. I have heard/seen that out of country you don’t have the same problems………yet 😊

Any idea if it can fly in snow. In the midwest and expecting major snow storm thought it might make for some cool footage. I would assume no flying in the snow or heavy winds. I am assuming anything under 20 degrees could be a problem...for me and the drone LOL!!

Love the forum and thanks for everyone's advice. For the first time in years Im excited for Christmas!!

I wouldn't fly while it's snowing, but other than that it'll be fine, keep the batteries warm until you're using them.

Reactions: Barbara
Alright I got em both for Christmas. I did have to fully update both drones. Its kinda cold is Chicago (about 13 degrees) and 11 at night. So I will take both for test flights tomorrow provided no snow. The FPV makes the COOLEST sound when fired up. I will also say this DJI's set up is pretty nice. It seemed pretty easy to update firmware etc.

Reactions: rktman and Kilrah
Beautiful pics, @Kilrah! Santa Cruz today 😭:

16721585669661046674026978058285.jpg

Last edited:
WOW those are truly fantastic shots of the mountains. I really wish I had something that scenic anywhere near me. Im in Illinois. the land of the flat corn fields!! LOL. Just because its the topic of discussion. I did have to do a full update complete with you need your phone. I also tried out the DJI virtual FPV app. Not bad you can fly with either the Avata or the FPV. Supposed to be decent out today so hopefully I can get out. Hope everyone is having a great holiday!!

I have been flying DJI for awhile I am 99.9% positive they will force you to update. They def are on the safer side of the law. That being said it would be nice if they gave you a phone cord longer than 3 ft.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Any other Canucks out there that have updated? Sounds like we're stuck with having to connect a phone too, but would like to hear from someone who's actually done the update.

I did the update and you are flying with your phone attached. It has to be connected via phone before it will ever take off. Disappointing but expected.

UH Oh...I don't have a cell phone. Never had the need for one. Got the Avata for Christmas, but it came in early December. I wonder of it has the last firmware update installed.
Weather has been terrible, so haven't flown it yet. Looks like it might be a while still, as it is snowing heavily right now. Best Buy had better take it back *IF* I have to have a cell phone. Nothing in any destructions or information that is the case.

UH Oh...I don't have a cell phone. Never had the need for one. Got the Avata for Christmas, but it came in early December. I wonder of it has the last firmware update installed.
Weather has been terrible, so haven't flown it yet. Looks like it might be a while still, as it is snowing heavily right now. Best Buy had better take it back *IF* I have to have a cell phone. Nothing in any destructions or information that is the case.
I don't think you can initialize anything without a cellphone.

You can activate using DJI Assistant on a PC.
But worthless if he has the RID-enabled firmware and no phone.

@The Kid, probably only need GPS, not an internet connection while flying – I'm going flying in an hour or so, I'll test – so this can be solved with a very cheap cellphone and no service plan.

Tell whoever gifted this that you need a $30 cellphone with no calling plan to provide GPS for the goggles.

Verified yesterday that it's only GPS. Everything works fine with the phone in airplane mode, so not service plan is required. Just a phone that can run Fly and has gps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax