Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Newb here:)

Reaction score
Hi, I usually fly a phantom 3, but I'm looking to get into fpv drone racing as it looks awesome. Unfortunately, I know very little about it. I was wondering if any of you guys could suggest a good beginners setup for around £400 (has to include everything you need to start flying, batteries/ goggles etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Welcome captain Austin, I am new myself but can pass on what little I know. I got into this whole drone racing thing while I was saving to buy my Phantom (that I don't have yet). Anyway, I went with the ViFly R220 and was able to get everything for about $466. There are many other options and someone will be jumping in any minute now.

Reactions: Captain Austin
Welcome captain Austin, I am new myself but can pass on what little I know. I got into this whole drone racing thing while I was saving to buy my Phantom (that I don't have yet). Anyway, I went with the ViFly R220 and was able to get everything for about $466. There are many other options and someone will be jumping in any minute now.
Thanks Mersin, had a quick look before I go to school and it looks really good, thanks:)

Welcome to DRP Captain .:)

Ditto on the Eachine Wizard x220. Pic in my avatar. Best FPV Racer 2016. Check out review on the YouTube:

Each one also looks great thanks, does anyone know the range on racing drones such as the eachine and vifly, as I said; I'm completely new and don't have a clue. Also I looked online and couldn't find any range details anywhere for he Vifly

The i6 radio is probably good for about a half mile or so. In 500mW mode on the VTX, you are probably looking at about a mile. Those are ballpark numbers if you have line of sight to the drone and ideal conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion