Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Realistic range inquiry

ambiqFPV

Reaction score
How far can you guys reasonably travel with an Avata? I want to get one in large part so that I can explore the hills 2-4 miles away from my house, but is that even realistic to traverse in the battery's lifespan? I'll have line of sight the entire time and should have clear signal.

Reactions: Texas Red
Rated distance on one battery is about 7 miles, so yes. Not much time on location though and the Avata being rather slow it may be a bit boring... For long range stuff the FPV is a lot more fun IMO.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Rated distance on one battery is about 7 miles, so yes. Not much time on location though and the Avata being rather slow it may be a bit boring... For long range stuff the FPV is a lot more fun IMO.
Thanks - so you can really get it out 7 miles and back on one charge? Even without any time on location, that's pretty impressive.

How far can you guys reasonably travel with an Avata? I want to get one in large part so that I can explore the hills 2-4 miles away from my house, but is that even realistic to traverse in the battery's lifespan? I'll have line of sight the entire time and should have cl

After about 500-700 meters I start to lose visual. Even with upgraded antennas. Kind of disappointing. Either way you need to make sure there is nothing between you and the drone

How far can you guys reasonably travel with an Avata? I want to get one in large part so that I can explore the hills 2-4 miles away from my house, but is that even realistic to traverse in the battery's lifespan? I'll have line of sight the entire time and should have clear signal.
Just broke my Avata distance record over Dallas! 11,244 feet one way.

Reactions: afreakofnature
Will depend a lot on whether you're in the USA or not, allowed power level is way higher in the US.

Oh really? I guess that is the problem. I am an expatriate living in Germany. Huh, there it is. Thx!

Oh really? I guess that is the problem. I am an expatriate living in Germany. Huh, there it is. Thx!
Keep in mind he's referring to transmit power, not motor power.

Get in a car and follow it, and you can accomplish the same.

Since your last reply. I was doing some research and there is a way to put it into fcc mode, which should give me a higher power output. Will test that today. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Kilrah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RcRen