Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Replacing ESC

Davey

Reaction score
Hello I burnt ESC on my wizard. I have a new one. Do I need to program it. Or will it work preprogrammed.

after you solder it up, just go into your gfu and flash all of them with the latest firmware for your esc's

At a minimum, you will need to calibrate the ESCs. Flashing the same firmware isn't a bad idea either, but it probably won't arm until you calibrate it. The one exception is that if you are using DShot then you don't need to calibrate.

hi Orange,
sidetracking sorry, speaking of dshot and raceflight, for now, multishot seems to be the signal protocal that works best for rf1. ive heard that theyre working on dshot protocal improvements. ive tried dshot but multishot is indeed better on my builds

Hello again. I replaced the burnt ESc. Calibrated motors in beta FL. It flew good for 3 minutes 3s bat. Opposite side front right ESC caught fire in the air. Dropped only 10 ft. Any thoughts are appreciated. Maybe when it fell last time in horizon mode I shut it off before it burnt and it was ready.

I would use a multimeter to make sure you have good resistance from frame to battery +V and frame to ground. Not sure what would cause this except a bad batch of ESCs or a short somewhere.

They could possibly be shorting out to the carbon fiber frame as it conducts electricity I would make sure there's no way any of your component can make electrical contact with the frame

Dave,

Take your MutiMeter and put it on resistance, when your probes are in the air not touching each other it should show something like O L. You do not connect the battery for this test. Touch the negative probe to the negative lead on the Lipo connector, take the positive probe and touch different spots on the frame. Sometimes you have to press hard, almost scratch the frame to make a good contact. The best place to do it is along the side of the frame, where the carbon sheets are laminated together. If your meter shows anything other than O L, you've got a short somewhere.

Jerry

I have 4 ESC coming from a company in AZ.im home sick today. Can't even work on my 210 build. I'll get my meter out tomorrow.

I replaced the fireburned ESC.i noticed the number on the back of a original ESC says v2. I got 4 v2 ESC. The first burnt one I replaced with a v1. It flew fine until the other one burned. My meter showed ol every where. I believe no shorts. Does anyone think I should replace all 4 ESC. I've never used the belhelli suite.

Davey,

I would want all of the ESC's to be the same version. I would also install BLHeli and insure that they are all on the same firmware.

Jerry

I'm going to install blheli suite.i hope I can afford a room .Thanks I'll report later

I downloaded blheli suite from chrome apps. I looks similar to clean clothes. Connected. The 2 ESC I replaced have different version than the other two. The screens are different than the ones I saw on YouTube. I was afraid to flash anything. I calibrated motors on clean flight. I flew it for only a few minutes gently back and forth nice and smooth.

dont fix it if it aint broken, best advice in fpv!...........lol
wish i could adhere to that philosophy

One last report on this. The paper with both ESC is the same. It shows the same factory default settings. It flew again fine for a few minutes same batt as last nite.going to girls softball bringing the tiny woops qx95.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irelandmine